*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2029986-Devils-and-Angels-C1---The-portal
by Laurax
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Fantasy · #2029986
Chapter1 Kody is an angel and Danny is a devil, They've been left behind on Earth together
Devils and Angels



Chapter 1



Her legs dangled off the edge of the building, her silky black hair flowing in the wind behind her as she looked down at the streets below.

"I don't belong here." She muttered to herself. She slowly kicked her legs in the air as she took in her surroundings.

"What a funny place to find you, Danny" He spoke softly to her.

Danny slowly tuned around, then looked into Kody's dark eyes. His dirty blond hair blew around in the wind, which every few seconds he tried to fix, eventually accepting his failure. He wore black skinny jeans held by a slightly shiny grey buckle,along with his black scuffed boots and a plain white t-shirt.

"It's a bit chilly up here, don't you think?" He interupted Danny's thoughts, but she just looked back into his eyes then smiled, giggling a little. Kody looked around, sighed, then started to pull his black leather jacket off his waist.

"You complain too much. Has it ever occurred to you to stop and just get a grip?" Danny snarled as she spoke. He put the black leather jacket on then began to speak, "What's wrong with you today?" Danny tore her gaze away from him and went back to looking down at the streets below her, the people looking tiny from the top of the building.

"You see those things, right?" She spoke in a small but harsh voice.

"Yeah, humans."

"Well this world, it's theirs, it belongs to them. Not to me, not to us."

"What's your point?" His voice was shaky.

"They have what's theirs, so why don't we?" Danny started to raise her voice.

"So that's why you're up here? To cry about all your little problems?" Kody shouted back. Danny turned around then stared at Kody with cold dark eyes. "All you ever do is run! Do you ever face your problems? Because I bet you never face your stupid problems cause you're just a crying little girl." Kody's voice was no longer soft, his voice was loud and angry.

"I am not a crying little girl! I never was! Why are you doing this? Do you want me to jump? Is that what you want? You know that would kill me, right? Want to come test it? I bet you do, cause you don't care about anyone but yourself!" Tears formed in her eyes as she spoke.

"No, I don't want to, I never will want to. What would I do without you? You're all I have left. When will you get it through your thick skull that they left us?" Kody wiped at his eyes, trying not to cry. Danny had gotten up off the edge and was walking towards Kody. She wrapped her arms tightly around him and cried into his shoulder.

"Please don't leave me. Promise me you won't leave! I need you! You're all I have... I'm all alone, and I can't take it!"

"Shh... It's okay. I won't leave you, and I swear I won't let anyone take you away from me." His voice was soft once again and it comforted Danny. Danny pushed herself away from Kody, slowly walking back towards the edge of the building.

"Bye, Kody." Danny took one last step and she was finally on the edge.

"Don't do it! Danny please don't.."

Kody ran towards Danny as she stood on the edge. Danny leaped over the edge, into nothing, Kody stretched out his arm and tried to grab her but couldn't reach her. He looked down over the edge and saw Danny, falling, getting closer and closer to the streets below. Danny opened her arms as if she was going to hug someone who wasn't there, as if she was welcoming her death. A bright light flashed from where Danny was, and large wings started to dig their way out of Danny's back. He heard Danny's scream. Her wings were a dark, blood-like red that stood out on the dull grey streets below. Kody dived off the building after her, screaming.Glowing white wings came out of his back; they were equally as large as Danny's own hell-colored wings. Down below Kody saw another bright flash- this one was a sparkly purple. It spread out into a large oval shape. Danny was heading straight towards it. Kody tucked in his wings, allowing him to pick up speed. The air was blew through his hair as he got faster and faster. Finally, Kody had almost caught up with Danny, but he wasn't fast enough to stop her from going through the portal she had summoned. Danny disappeared into the portal and now it was too late for Kody to slow down and not enter the portal himself. As his hands hit the portal he entered a world of pain for a few seconds but the pain disappeared as he had made it through the portal..
© Copyright 2015 Laurax (itsmelaura at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2029986-Devils-and-Angels-C1---The-portal