*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2031054-Its-a-secret
by Ayse
Rated: E · Short Story · Romance/Love · #2031054
Riley likes Alec,but if Alec likes her back is his secret to keep
It's a Secret

Riley had another one of these days. It wasn't a good day at all,but after she saw him,it was as if a light illuminated her dark day. Seeing him smile, or even talking to him is one of the few things that can make her happy.
It actually started with a small crush. Just a boy,who caught her eye. But soon she started thinking about him more and more. She thought of his smile - oh how much she loves it! She thought of his hair. How would it feel? Is it as soft as it looks? She thought of how cute he looks with his glasses on.
But all he did was smile at her and carry on with his own life. Alec. The name that can make her knees weak,by just hearing it. The name that makes everyone think of the bad boy of the school. The bad boy,who isn't even 'bad'. He just looks like it. And the look suits him perfectly.
After a few months Riley accepted her fate- She is was in love. More like she is head over heels in love with a boy,who doesn't spare her a second thought. School was never a happy place for Riley,but ever since she met Alec,she loves everyday of it. It's the only place she can see him.
In one of her free periods she sat in the hallway,just waiting for time to pass. And maybe for a special someone to pass by too. But as expected he didn't pass. It was a Monday,so she would luckily have p.e. with him. It's the only class they have together,so she loves p.e. too now.
The last two classes came by way too slow,but when it finally did,Riley was the first one to get ready and out of the changing rooms and in the gymnasium. She waited and waited for everyone to come out of the changing rooms. Everyone,but one boy in particular came out. Of course he is absent on a Monday she thought.
Tuesday came by and she didn't see him in the halls. Just like Wednesday and Thursday and Friday... Where was he? Riley couldn't wait for Monday. The weekend over Riley couldn't stop thinking that he may be sick,or something worse!
When Monday came by,the shy girl couldn't wait to see Alec again. And there he stood. He looked as perfect as always. The moment she saw him,she let out a sigh. Maybe a little too loud. "Excited to see me again?" Alec joked. Riley's heart raced faster than ever. What would she say? Yes? No?
She just didn't know what to say,so she said nothing. Alec frowned and tilted his head to the side,looking at the wide eyed girl in front of him. "You can talk,right? Riley,is it?" he asked,nearly making Riley's heart jump out of her chest. "Yes" is all she could let out. She was so nervous,that her voice was barely audible.
"You're cute,you now that?" he smiled lovingly at the red faced girl. "Oh my Gosh..." is all that she could whisper. "You are making it kinda obvious that you like me,you know that?" Alec frowns. "But don't worry,I have a secret for you too. I will tell you,if you wait after the first class for me at the Gymnasium. Okay?" he whispered in Riley's ear. "Okay" she said,way too fast,but he didn't mind. With a last wink,he went to his first class.
Never ever was Riley this happy before. During class all she did was smile and draw hearts on her notebook. A+R was written everywhere. But time didn't seem to pass by. It felt like an eternity 'till the class was over. Even when it did, she was so excited that she nearly let everything fall,while trying to pack her books in her bag.
Once she arrived at the Gym,she searched for the one person her dreams were made of and her day was illuminated by. But that one person wasn't there. She looked everywhere,but he was nowhere to be seen. She was about to turn around and go. She just made a fool out of herself. She fell for him and he used it against her. He would never like her back-
"Riley? I'm sorry I'm a bit late. Please don't go" she heard behind her. As she turned around,there he stood at the other end of the Gym. His hair -dark and soft. His eyes light brown,nearly golden even. His smile so beautiful,that could make her melt every single time she saw it. He is so perfect. So handsome.
"You came" Riley smiled; a huge weight fell from her shoulders. "Like I said,I have a secret to tell you" he said and with every step he came closer to Riley,the more nervous she got. "But I think words won't be good enough,to make you understand my feelings". With every second he came nearer to Riley,who on the other hand could just fall unconscious every second then. "Please just tell me" is all Riley could say,before it happened.
Riley didn't see it coming and she would never have thought that this day would ever come. As she felt soft lips on hers,she was so overwhelmed,that she didn't know what to do in the first second. But once she knew what was happening,her body moved for itself.
Her eyes closed,her hands found his neck and her lips moved against his. His hands on her waist,pulling her closer. This was the moment Riley dreamt of. In fact it felt like a dream. Too good to be true. The kiss was short,but nevertheless just perfect.
Once Alec's lips left Riley's,neither of them could stop themselves from smiling like idiots. "You still have to tell me the secret" Riley smiled. In his eyes she saw so much more than just a good looking boy. They were filled with happiness and love. They were so beautiful. "I love you" he whispered against her lips.
"I love you too" whispered Riley,before pulling their lips together for another kiss.

© Copyright 2015 Ayse (ayse at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2031054-Its-a-secret