*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2031514-Day----18-19-20-21
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Other · Biographical · #2031514
4 Soundtrack of my life entries
My husband had very definite ideas about what music he wanted played at our wedding, and that was fine with me. Patrick, our organist had to break it to my husband that secular music was not permitted. I still wish we could have had music from Star Wars. The music for the Throne Room scene seemed fitting to me.



The other piece of music we wanted? Bach's Tocatta in Fugue in D minor. Patrick was horrified. He couldn't play that.Apparently, he found it too difficult.




I found this song a few years back, and it made me laugh. I grew up very near to Boston, and Tom Lehrer was a professor there. His musical career only lasted a few years, since he'd rather teach than sing. The performances bored him. Speaking from experience, never bore a scientist. They might design anything out of boredom.



Before my sons leave for school in the morning, I often take song requests. Several years ago, the song "Better, Faster, Stronger, Harder" by Daft Punk was especially popular. The animated film
Interstella 5555 had no speech, only visuals and Daft Punk songs. This is one of them.




© Copyright 2015 Whiskerfacebythefireplace (whiskerface at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2031514-Day----18-19-20-21