*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2032104-What-I-deserve
by Slinks
Rated: 13+ · Prose · Relationship · #2032104
I wonder if this is really what I deserve in life.
I guess this is what I deserve

Giving you the benefit of the doubt, only to have you treat me badly – I guess that’s what I deserve.

Putting myself out there after all of this time, only to have you break my heart – I guess that’s what I deserve.

Having you say you’ll call, then don’t – I guess that’s what I deserve.

Showing you that I care and want to be your friend, only to have you mock me – I guess that’s what I deserve.

Making an effort to see you, only to have you sit and brag about your “other women” – I guess that’s what I deserve.

Listening to your problems and worries and offering my help, only to have you belittle my own problems and worries - I guess that's what I deserve.

Pouring my heart out to you and telling you about my fears and insecurities, only to have you use them against me – I guess that’s what I deserve.

Trusting you when you said you were a “good guy”, only to have you revealed as a player – I guess that’s what I deserve.

Opening myself up to trusting you and having hope, only to have you crush it – I guess that’s what I deserve.

Falling for your charm and charisma, only to find out you’re a wolf in sheep’s clothing – I guess that’s what I deserve.

Making myself vulnerable to you, only to have you take advantage of my kindness – I guess that’s what I deserve.

I don’t know what terrible things I’ve done in my life that brings this karma to me, but – I guess this must be what I deserve.
© Copyright 2015 Slinks (slinks at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2032104-What-I-deserve