*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2032177-The-Chance
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Contest Entry · #2032177
Never corner a mouse, or a researcher on edge
The chance


The other researchers closed in on Henry.

"I don't have to put up with this!" Henry backed up against the station wall, feeling for a latch or a lever. Just anything to get away.

"Don't fight us Henry!" Beck shifted the syringe in his hand. Henry wasn't just  6'2" and 195 pound man. He was 6'2" and 195 pound man filled with fear. The team only had one chance with Henry, and it was a damn slim one.

"Just...just get the hell back man" Henry's hand's went from feeling the wall to curling up into a fist. "I'm fine, I'm fine...."

"Listen to me Henry" Jan uttered softly over the unnerve in her voice, "No one thinks you're it, we're only taking precautions."

"Yeah bud," Calvin said, "We've all taken serum...me, Beck, Jan...this is how we can protect ourselves"

Beck and Calvin moved in closer.

"I said I'm fine dammit!" Henry snatched a sonic knife from the operating table. "And what about Anna?" Henry gestured the knife towards her as she lie on one of the tables. "She was exposed....wasn't she?!"

"She has nothing to do with this!" Beck yelled, his patience with Henry was running thin.

"Please Henry" cried Jan, "why are you fighting us....just take serum!"

"Because that's not the serum!" Henry raised the to the rest. "That's not the serum I made for us!"
Henry looked over Beck, tightening his grip on the knife as Beck tightened his on the syringe. "It's the  Sleeper Venom, isn't it?!"

"Wha...What!?" Calvin stammered in disbelief, "Henry...why would you even sugges..."

"Because I got the damn serum right here!" Henry said as he withdrew the small serum capsule from coat pocket.

"...Bastard!" Beck lunged at Henry.


















© Copyright 2015 W. W. Weaver (indigolord21 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2032177-The-Chance