*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2032413-Another-take-on-Love-Is
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Other · Romance/Love · #2032413
Another thought about what love is
The final question in Love Is.. was what is love?

Love can be so many things; family, pets, friends. There is love and then there is being in love. Both can be confusing and exciting, I admit there are times where I felt like I was in love when in reality I just loved them.

I have only ever been in love once, with my best friend. He made me smile, feel beautiful, feel alive with myself. We would get into stupid arguments for a short period and then when it was over we would make up and act like it never happened. We would skip and run around the school, just making each other laugh, life with him was the best I and most happiest I had ever been. We took care of each other when we were sick, I watched over him when he was to drunk to comprehend anything. He knew how to cheer me up when a guy had made me feel down. We weer best friends, and it was easy to fall in love with him. I made a poor decision, and told him I loved him, where we then had a lustful interaction, where he had then told me he was falling for me too , and then two days later got back with his ex. I was angry and hurt for so long, but after a few years of time, I can say I don't regret falling in love with him. He made me happy and beautiful at my worst times. I talk to him now every once in awhile, there is no animosity between us, I'm happy for him. He knows he is still in my heart, but he also knows if he ever needs anyone to talk to, he can come to me anytime with his problems. I think being in love means you can be happy with the person even after all the turmoil that might have accumulated between each other;.whether it is as friends or as lovers. It is an emotional roller-coaster. one minute you are happy with each other,than the next you are screaming in each other's face. There will always be judgement on your relationship, but its those in love who know it is worth fighting for that makes it all the more special.



Now loving someone I feel is much different. It is confusing at times, cause you think you might be in love with that person, but in my opinion, you just like their company and feel an attachment to them. I think what it means to love someone is that you enjoy their company but have no problem going home at the end of the night, because you will be met with the same kind of love from your parents or your friends the next day at school. To me love means you think about your future together but can't actual see it happening. The thought of someone loving you unconditionally makes you love them but you would have to be happy with anything to be in love with them.



Everyone has a different take on love, to me love is a connection between two people who  like each other's company,whereas being in love is where you are willing to let your own feelings aside to make the other person happy.

So what is your take on love?
© Copyright 2015 Chelsea Kunath (ckunath1992 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2032413-Another-take-on-Love-Is