*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2032699-Our-country-home
Rated: E · Other · Other · #2032699
Memories at the home i grew up in before moving to town.
I didn’t like the fact that we had to move out of our country home from the beginning, but there was nothing I could do. I was still young and had no choice. But when we did move into town, I always wanted to someday move back out there and raise my own children. But who knew that I’d never get the chance to.
I don’t really remember how long it was after we moved that I found out. I guess I really wasn’t expecting to hear what someone told me. It was like any other day at school. I was standing in the long line waiting to go through to get my lunch when someone sitting at the table looked at me saying something like ‘your house is no longer there.’
I didn’t know what he meant by that, but then I later found out that the firemen used the house to practice for burning out a fire. Now after thinking about it, it was an old house. It was a different scene the next time we drove out there to see what was left which was barely anything.
But the memories were still with me. I still remember seeing where my room was located, where the kitchen was and where the living room was. I remember all the good times we had out there like my mother growing her vegetables in her garden and my father helping her pick the ones that were ready.
I remember always playing with my pets before going to school every morning with my Dad and going fishing by the pond that wasn’t very far from our house. The house maybe gone, but all the good memories are still there. So I’ve decided later in my life I will sometime get a country house where my kids will grow up and hopefully nothing like that ever happens again.
© Copyright 2015 rumchels (rumchels at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2032699-Our-country-home