*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2032772-Fate-and-Freewill-Part-I
Rated: E · Article · Religious · #2032772
Is it Fate or Free will? Which determines our life?
Is it Fate or Free will? Which determines our life?

If it is fate, then we need not work at all.

Every thing will happen according to the fate. 

If everything is according to freewill and effort, why one, worthy in all respects fails in his/her efforts; others who are not at all worthy in very many respects are successful in all aspects of life.

In this series, we are going to analyze Fate and Freewill.

Readers are invited to post their views without hesitation for a healthy debate.

There is an interesting incident in the life of the great seer Ramana Maharishi.

One Mrs. P.C.Desai met Ramana Maharishi on 3-1-1946 and asked a question on freewill.

Quoting Bhagavat Gita, she asked Ramana maharishi, “If (as Arjuna was told) there is a certain work destined to be done by each and we shall eventually do it however much we do not wish to do it or refuse to do it, is there any free will?”

Ramana maharishi replied, “It is true that the work meant to be done by us will be done by us. But it is open to us to be free from the joys or pains, pleasant or unpleasant consequences of the work, by not identifying ourselves with the body or that which does the work. If you realize your true nature and know that it is not you that do any work, you will be unaffected by the consequences of whatever work the body may be engaged in  according to destiny or past karma or divine plan, however you may call it. You are always free and there is no limitation of that freedom”.

From His reply we come to the conclusion that freewill can overcome destiny by not identifying ourselves with the body.

We will analyze the Fate and Free will in the next article in depth.

© Copyright 2015 santhanam nagarajan (snagarajans at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2032772-Fate-and-Freewill-Part-I