*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2033179-Grandpa--Jack
Rated: E · Other · Tribute · #2033179
A comic script about a grandfather and his toddler grandson.
Grandpa & Jack

SYNOPSIS:
A short comic script about a grandfather and his toddler grandson at a carnival. Unfortunately, the present story may not be as accurate as one would initially suspect.

CHARACTER NOTES:
Grandpa:
Older man in his late 50's. He is wearing a plaid long sleeve shirt unbuttoned with a white t-shirt underneath, old, worn blue jeans, and dark shoes. He has blue eyes with several wrinkles or "crow's feet" around the outer edges of his eyes. His hair is short and grey, and he's just beginning to bald. He's cantankerous and has a limp from some old farm injury.

Toddler:
A little boy with wispy light blonde hair, blue eyes, chubby cheeks, and a large nose. He's wrapped in a dark blue and white plaid blanket that closely matches his grandfather's shirt.

Cow:
A large black & white dairy cow who munches on grass all throughout the day.

PAGE ONE - THREE PANELS
1.1
A large horizontal panel shows an old man, who's holding a small male toddler.  A cow is in a little fenced in area idly munching grass. They are at a small carnival. A merry-go-round, Ferris wheel, small rollercoaster, and some booths can be seen in the background.

GRANDPA: Jack, you see that cow          there, yeah the only one out there... She kinda looks like your          father. They look, and kinda act the same, eat all day, sleep the          rest... Sorry, shouldn't be talkin' about your father like that...          even if it's kinda cathartic...

1.2
A vertical panel shows the toddler looking up toward the reader. His large blue eyes are twinkling, inquisitive.

TODDLER-SFX: BURP BURRRRPPP

GRANDPA: Ha yeah that's how I          feel about him too little guy. Well, nuff of that. Let's fly to          that merry-go-round!


1.3
Another vertical panel at a mid range P.O.V. shows the pair walking quickly toward the reader. The toddler has an excited look with one little arm raised out as if flying, the other clasped tight to Grandpa's shirt. Grandpa has a slight mischievous look as he holds onto the toddler with one arm, and has the arm opposite of the boy's outstretched, so together they look like plane wings.

GRANDPA: You're Granny and Mom          are always a worrin' about you little fella, but I doubt that a          short ride will endanger you too much.           

TODDLER: Gampa!,          Gampa!, Gampa!           

GRANPA: Wow, your first word. I          knew it'd be me! Glad you finally started talking Jack! Besides I          get tired of your Granny doing all of it, you better say that again          with an audience.           

PAGE TWO - FIVE PANELS
2.1
A long horizontal panel with a far off P.O.V. of the pair heading toward a brightly colored in warm colors merry-go-round. Everything else besides it and the pair is dull and almost sepia tone to it.
2.2
Another long horizontal panel has close up P.O.V. of the pair on a brightly painted cow with wings. Grandpa looks happy, and Jack is clapping his hands with a big smile on his face.
GRANDPA: I sure wish I could buy a          cow like this one. It could fly itself to the market. Then again it          might soar off when I'm not looking. Hee Hee Hee
         TODDLER: GAMPA! YIPPEEE!

GRANDPA: Look over there little          guy, a target range. You want to see your "Gampa" fire a gun?

TODDLER: Yeeeeahh

TODDLER-SFX: hands clap          

2.3
A vertical panel showing a now brightly colored shooting range with targets and lights, but there aren't any people tending it. There are stuffed animals hanging from the rafters and toy guns, bugles, drums, and other play toys.
2.4
Another vertical panel with an angled close up P.O.V. of Grandpa holding a long gun and the Toddler is sitting on the counter of the target range booth. He looks tired.
2.5
Long horizontal panel at a distance shows Grandpa firing the gun.
GRANDPA: You see that Jack? I          didn't need 3 shots to hit it. That's superfluous to need          anymore than one. That's downright blasphemous to firing a real          gun!

PAGE THREE - FOUR PANELS
3.1
A vertical panel with a mid range P.O.V. Grandpa is handing a toy pop gun to Jack, who looks very sleepy, but he's reaching for it.
GRANDPA: Here ya go Jack, a toy          gun.           

3.2
Another long vertical panel has extremely close up P.O.V. look at Grandpa and Jack.
3.3
A long horizontal panel shows a much older looking Grandpa and a teenage Jack, both are wearing similar dress to what they were in the previous panels: Grandpa in flannel unbuttoned shirt and white undershirt and Jack in a dark blue and white plaid untucked button down shirt. Jack is leaning forward holding the same toy pop gun, and Grandpa is also leaning forward in a large comfy looking chair, elevated above Jack. Grandpa is animated, with his hands gesturing and an excited look on his face and a twinkle in his eye.
GRANDPA: And then I aimed the gun,          and in one shot I hit the target and got you a...a some kinda          toy...some kinda toy that was a...what was it again?

JACK: ...It was this pop gun          Grandpa... but you just took it from the booth while carrying me          around that empty carnival. At least that's what mom says.

3.4
Another horizontal panel that shows the empty carnival from a long range P.O.V. with Grandpa and Jack in the middle of it standing in front of the cow.
GRANDPA-CAP (OP): Hey Jack you          remember that time we went to the...that place.. with a cow and a          flying cow... You remember that time?
         JACK: Yeah "Gampa" it was a          really fun time...







© Copyright 2015 Jack Ransom (crimsonwolf7 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2033179-Grandpa--Jack