*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2033405-Come-Dance-with-Me
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Experience · #2033405
I wrote this without a basic plan. Please leave critique or any advice! thanks.
Come Dance with Me - A Short Story

"Want to dance?" The gorgeous man asked with his hand laid out for me. I watched his fingers in amusement as they opened; they were just as beautiful as he was.I was about to put my hand forward when my friend tugged on my shirt. "Don't go." She hissed. She leaned toward me to whisper, "No one gets out of his grip alive."

I gave her a look of annoyance and whispered back, "You really believe that nonsense?" Then my eyes drifted back to the man. His lips were curved into a heartwarming malicious grin and I couldn't help, but smile back. I put my hand on top of his and I nodded. I let our fingers intertwine with one another as he walked me to the center of the room.

Everyone became silent; all I heard was our footsteps tapping against the marble floor and the heavy breathing that came out from the audience. All eyes were on us now, and I was enjoying every second of it.

His hand began to glide around my back and he gripped my hands with the other. I shuddered as the chilliness of his touch rushed up my arms, down my veins. I let my arms wrap around him while his alluring scent filled my lungs. Slowly, we began to sway our bodies with the music. Our eyes locked and I became surprised at how wonderfully passionate his eyes looked; they were literally flaming in fire and I was instantly mesmerized.

"Close them." He whispered.

"Mhm?"

"Your eyes, close them." He muttered letting his warm breath linger across my face.

I shook my head gently. "No." I responded with eyes still looking into his. At that moment, all I wanted is to look at them forever and ever.

He put his hand against my eyes and pushed my eyelids close. "Don't open them." And I obeyed.

He leaned his head against my neck as he hummed the tune of the music. His breathing brushed against my neck like electric waves, causing my entire body to throb. I inhaled his wonderful scent as if it was the air I needed to breathe.

My heart rate increased.

"Fade into me." He murmured.

He quickly pulled his face away from my neck.

The music started speeding up so unexpectedly. I felt an unnerving tingling sensation, almost electric, creeping quickly up my arm to the rest of my body.

He pushed my body away as his hand unwired from my back, but the other hand remained holding mine. He spun me in circles. Then, he pulled me back toward him and twirled me again, twice.



Our chest forced onto one another as he grasped my body with his arms and I grasped his with my legs. We spun in quick continuous circles... once... twice...

I felt myself fading, fading away into him. The feeling was madly and the insanity was so sweet. I felt as if my body was on fire. It was consumed with every sense... heightened, salacious, and sensual. I was no longer on earth... I was in heaven... with him.

I felt him cautiously unravel himself from me and my stomach churned as my heart thumped louder against my ribcage. I wanted to scream for him to stay, to keep holding on to me, but my lips couldn't even depart. I continued to spin freely with eyes closed shut. I was literally flying and there was nothing to hold on to besides the clear black air that surrounded me.

The air became thicker in a swift of a moment and I felt like I could no longer breathe. My heart races as my friend's last words echoed; No one gets out of his grip alive.... No one gets out of his grip alive... No one...

No, no... not me.

I clamped both of my legs firmly against the solid floor and abruptly flashed my eyes wide open. I didn't know if everything around me was actually spinning or I was just feeling dizzy, but what I knew was that the man was still there watching me... carefully... in still motion. My legs began to wobble and I collapsed to the floor.





I awoke with a gasp, my mind reeling. It was just a dream, just a dream. Yet it had been so vivid, so real, that for a moment I thought I was still submerging into the man's eyes. After catching my breath, I turned my body to the side and closed my eyes shut, trying to brush away the feeling, the feeling of that mortifying yet marvelous dream.

I fade back to sleep.

That's when I heard his voice again; "This is not a dream..." Then, his marvelous face appeared through the darkness. "This is real." He said in such a thrilling melodic tone. He wrapped his strong hand around my waist and pulled me with him.

I watched his pink smooth lips utter four last words; "Come dance with me," as we both vanished into the darkness.





© Copyright 2015 timaashorty (timaashorty at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2033405-Come-Dance-with-Me