*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2034494-They-dont-own-me
Rated: E · Fiction · Fanfiction · #2034494
A fanfic of the books from the Hunger Games series.
Chapter 1 "Katniss"



It has been months since we first got to D-13. Trying to get use to this place was no working. Since I were all about hunting in the woods before I volunteered for Prim in the first games. Even though I missed old times, starving was not in the picture. I caught myself from time to time wondering what would had happened if Prim's name wouldn't had got out of the reaping ball. Would our situation be the same as before? If I didn't took the mockingjay position, would somebody else have? Another girl from another district, could she have  the same ideas than I while trying to surviver before, while and after the Hunger Games? I hoped with all my heart that it will had been the case.




Always making a back up plan in case of what I do or say didn't go or had the result I expected was my mind new natural defence system. I didn't like it since the beggining of all this 'cause I was having second thoughts on everything, trusting no

one; except my closest one, and suffering from some source of mental illness  as the doctors specified in my wrist bracelet.

Now that a hit from reality is getting to me with such a strong power, that I have to settle down and put myself together into the position I was designated: A leader to all rebels across Panem. All the selfish thoughts about just saving my family in case we are loosing the war was shaked off from nowhere. I guess that nowhere has a name: Albert Everdeen, my father.The last couple of hours, after waking up from a bad dream where everyone I knew died from my hand, I made an important desition: Win this war or die.



I was more than determined, all my body and soul demanded it. To do something, not just footages, but a true action. This has to be a good sign, the impulsive strength now running trough my blood streams that I needed to fully take the responsibility. I turned around and watch Prim and Mom sleeping peacefully. Just maybe, if I ever think about quitting, I must remember them and the time I promised to win the 74th Hunger Games and yesterday, when I promised to both of them to win this war.

I stood up from my bed to get ready for the day. Today was special, I was able to go hunting with Gale. This time we get off early wanting to try hunting while the breaking down hit us. After  some weeks of strong persuation coming from Peeta (and Doctor's approval), we let him accompany us. In the moment I got in the shower and dress up, I remembered when they brought Peeta back. Those rebels that took him away from President Snow nasty hands, I owe them.





Walked down the hall to the elevator. Inside, I took a moment to spread out the nervousness, what was it for? Not sure. When I arrived to the main door, Gale and Peeta were waitting for me. Somehow having them together was equal of having my heart complete,  couldn't be more happy. For that I smiled.



-Hey- they said unison.



-Good morning- I reply.



-You must be in a good mood- Gale added.



-I am, don't ruin it. Good morning to you... -watched the soldiers last name- Chain-



Darkness was still outside. We were able to see the stars and a beautiful full moon in the sky. Since our limite of distance wasn't farther than a couple of miles we went straight to the weak woods infront of us, far from the ones back in 12. Just our steps were to be heard. Gale and I had our routine, I guessed Peeta just followed us. After walking in the same direction, north without results, we stopped to form a new plan.





-So, what is it now?- Peeta asked.



-Well, I'm not sure of...- Gale was saying before I interrupt.



-Shhh- I whispered after perceive that shape. Behind Gale there was a black human like shadow laying on a tree -Hide!- I yell at them.



-What is...?- Gale asked.



-Just hide - they did not move- ¡Now!- I screamed.



I run back a couple steps and discover the roots of a tree coming out of the ground. Hardly, put myslef under those to hide. I waited with both Peeta and Gale on my sight. Following my actions, I looked around for the shape. It was in the sam place. Without a reason, it felt to the ground. An unexplainable rush of adrenaline took over me. The next second, I saw myself running towards it, never expecting what I found.



It was terrifying to witness a human body in those conditions. At first, you wouldn't know if it was a women or a men by the wounds, blood and mess up hair. For the bond structure I'll pressume a young girl. I made Peeta and Gale signs for no to come, then I hide again scared to death than a overcraft from the Capitol will come to take the body. Several minutes later, nothing happened, so I run back followed by the guys.

As soon as I got near I vomite. The smell was hideous. Slowly Gale walked in the body's direction and kneel down to touch the neck.



-Is alive - he said shocked.



- She's alive-  I correct him surprise - I guess-



-Should we take her with us?- he said doubting.Looking closer I saw what her clothes seems like.



-Are they?...- wasn't sure, my mind was not sure on how to process it -Are those avox clothes?- both of them turned to me and puck very hard with their faces.



-Is it possible?- Peeta adds.



-Since we won the games nothing is impossible to me, we shouldn't had- I remark.



-True, lets take her now, she can bleed to death- Peeta let out at the same time he took her in his arms.

We run in silence as fast as our legs allowed us, to the entrance.





-¡Open the door!- Gale scream out of his lungs. After "knocking" really hard, they opened it.



-What is this?- Chain ask nervously.



-We need to drive her to the hospital now- I answered.





We throw ourselves in the elevator. Gale rip his shirt to cover a wound in her arm and other piece for her head. I noticed a drop of desperation on his face, why? But when I looked at Peeta's the feeling was not different. When we showed up at the hospital doors, a large comitee was waiting for us, not us, for her. With them, my Mother.



-We'll take it from here- one of the Doctors said. Peeta hand her over to one of them who put her in a stretcher. Without a reply of any kind, we stood up there frozen for hours, or at least thats what I felt. How was I going to process this? It happened too fast for me to remember.



-What are all of you doing here?- President Coin said after us turning around.



-Waiting- I mumbled.



-Go now to your normal schedules- she annex saying.



-We want to know how she's doing- Gale muttered too.



-That is not of your concern, you soldiers are dismissed-



-It is in deed of my concern, I found her- I reply harsly.



-I carried her here- Petta said.



-An I helped the bleeding to stop- Gail says.



-That explains your shirt, you may go now-



-¡I'm not leaving!- I shouted, don't know why but the anger was raising up.





-No. You are leaving now- a non questionable order was it. I started walking with my head down. Even if I wanted to see her, an order involving a stranger was not in the range of my possibilities.

When we got to the elevator, making sure we were far enough I whispered.



-Wonder how she is doing-



-Hope she's ok- says a deep serious and painful voice coming out of Gale. A jealous hint took my mouth.



-Why will you say it like that?- He turned his face at me dissapointed.



-Really Katniss?- he's mad, never call me by name if he isn't -I took out of D-12 over two hundred and took care of them until we got here and now you are asking me why?-



Didn't reply for the stupidity of that question and the true of that answer. Of course he will worry, is who he is.



-She's a miracle- Petta said catching us by surprise.



-What?- Gaile said.



-I said She is a miracle- he reply - a freaking living miracle-



-Aren't both of you one?- he consequently add.



-No- I expressed staring at him while understanding my own words -we got out with help, she didn't. The last rebelds died or came back with Peeta- Silence remained.

When the elevator opened, we display to our rooms. Evedently, no one of us wanted to eat.

When I got to my compartment either Prim or Mom were not there. I just layed in my bed staring at the roof comprehending every single minute since the moment we went out to hunt. A retrospective point of view was maybe what I needed.





A soon as I understood what it could possibly meant everything, it took a shape of a new idea. Maybe I wasn't the only Mockingjay in Panem. What did they said the time when Hamitch asked for an idea to used in the footages? That "she did brave things unscript"? Brave things. What can it be more brave than getting out of the Capitol's hands Literally? Mostly how did she survived being an Avox and running trough the districts from them when Avoxes are mostly mutilated or killed? She could be the one piece we needed to more information we were missing. What can perturbed them more than having someone that knows how they everyday life things work? We will know now everything. Or at least thats the impression the Avoxes assigned to us in the first games gave to me. They looked they knew how everything worked and moved, they were puntual, silent and prudents. Those are dangerous characteristics if you think about it deeply.

Someone knocked at the door. Didn't pay attention to it.





-Soldier Everdeen- hear in the distance -¡Soldier Everdeen!- I got up and opened the door. A guard was standing an looking at me firmly -Soldier The President needs your presence urgently in her office-



-What for?-



-My job is to give you the message, not to explain it-



-Ok-




We head to the President's office. The only thing that came to my mind was obviously the girl we found this morning. When I arrived Peeta and Gale where there as well.



-What's going on?- asked Gale between teeth. An "don't know" was drawn in his mouth, but his head movement towards the President was what catch my attention. At the time I looked in her direction I could noticed she seem to be more nervous and anxious than normal while walking in circles. When she saw me coming in, her shoulders relaxed a bit.



-Good morning Soldiers. I was notified that none of you went to take the respective breakfast this morning, is it true?- Is this really what she called us for?



-Didn't want to- I said -my appetite vanished away-



-It's not an excuse. Can't happen again-



-Did you really called us to ask about our denied food?-
said Gale hardly.



-In fact no. I need a complete report of what happen exactly while you were hunting-



-We were hunting as usual-
Gale respond.





-I saw a shadow in the distance and warned them. When it was safe, we went where it was. She felt to the ground seconds before we got there. Peeta grabbed her and we came straight to the hospital- I finished saying.



-Was she concious?-



-Don't think so-



-Is that it?-
she add looking towards Peeta. They nodded. Consecuetly, she took a deep breath -ok then, you may leave now-



-Is she ok?-



-She survived if that's what you meant-




An air of relief came to me, so too from Gale and Peeta. But despite the feeling of being scared for her was not going away. Somehow this strange girl felt like the sign of hope I was waiting for. The one who will take away the weight that was load on me when I got those berries. An answer to this loosing war.

© Copyright 2015 Daydreamer (doritefi at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2034494-They-dont-own-me