*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2034775-Because-youre-Mine-Chapter-2
Rated: 18+ · Chapter · Romance/Love · #2034775
Haven gets the man, but can she keep him?
After placing Haven on her bed, he sat down next to her. His arms, feeling empty without her in them.  He didn't know when his feelings had changed.

Looking down at her swollen eyes and red nose, he knew he wanted her.  He knew he couldn't simply give her up. It didn't matter to him what he had to do. At that moment he merely wanted to hold her, make her feel safe. Find a way to help her get rid of the nightmares.

Haven quickly scooted back as the mattress dipped next to her. Not wanting to roll into him. She might embarrass herself.  It was so comforting to have him with her. She wanted more than just a comforting touch from him.

Twisting, he looked down at her with a small smile. Pulling up the blanket, then brushing the hair away from her face.  He gently draped it across the pillow, so it would be out of her way.  His hand almost shook, his control was slipping. 

She was so incredibly beautiful.  Had she always been this beautiful or had she grown into it?  Once again, he wondered, is this love or something else? He had saved her life by killing a man. After taking care of her for four years, he didn't know if he was confusing his feeling.

She still wasn't used to him like this.  Their relationship had changed so much over the last few months.  He was her best friend, then one night he kissed her. He hadn't rushed her by any means, sometimes he felt they were moving too slowly.

"Tomorrow, Haven, we have to talk.  We can't continue going on like this." Bending over her he cupped a hand around her face. 

His whole body went ridged when she kissed his palm.  Rubbing her face against his hand, her eyes closing. She almost moaned with the pleasure.  He wanted to "talk". It couldn't possibly be good.  Why not enjoy the time she had with him.  Exactly like she thought, their friendship has been totally messed up. There was no going back to what they had. Then many things she could say went through her mind. She didn't know what to say, so she kept her mouth closed.

He left the room without another word, but with a thoughtful look. She watched him leave the room.  He closed the door, leaving her in the silent dark room. It was so pitiful that she started to miss him. Which was just plain stupid.  How was she going to learn to survive without him being with her constantly?  He couldn't go one room away without her missing him.  She laughed at her thoughts.  Getting up she walked into the bathroom.  She wondered if she looked as bad as she felt.

When she saw her reflection in the long mirror, she was taken aback by how she looked.  It was worse than she felt.

"No wonder Cole fled the room", She said to herself aloud.  Her brown, long hair was everywhere like a fuzzy halo around her head.  Swollen eyes, red nose and face, she looked like a mess.  Grabbing her brush she started working on it.  It wasn't fun keeping it tame, but she loved having long hair. 

When that chore was finished, she grabbed a cloth and turned the water on. She hoped that the cool water would erase the evidence of her latest meltdown. Filling her hands with the rushing water, she leaned over. At the first splash she shivered, the water was cold on her warm face. It was actually quite refreshing. Wiping her face, a little rougher than she should've, she looked back up.

She barely recognized the woman that was standing in front of her. She looked a great deal different than the teenager that she remembered herself as. Time was slipping away from her so fast that she didn't even seem to notice herself changing.

Her mind drifted back to Cole. He wanted to talk? Her problems were probably what had prompted that. Her nightmares just weren't going away.  She didn't experience them as frequently, but they still woke the house up a couple times a month. 

Perhaps she should go to the police again? Maybe they could draw the guy out into the open, so that the police could catch him. She had a restraining order against him.  So, until he was caught doing something really bad, there is nothing they could do about him.

It was time that she faced her greatest fears and moved on to a new phase in her life. Haven knew that they couldn't go on like this forever. She knew sooner or later somebody was going to have to break out of the stalemate her life had become. 

"Haven girl, you can't rely on Cole to pick up the pieces of your life every time it falls apart. One of these days you're going to have to learn to stand on your own."  She told herself. "You wanted him, now you have a chance, please don't blow it."  She pleaded with her inner self, and God for help.  This could be a one time opportunity.

Tomorrow seemed like as good a day as any.  She would deal with whatever he had to say and then she would tell him she agreed. It was time that she grew up and faced her fears.

She sighed, knowing there was nothing more she can do about her appearance tonight. She just had to sleep off the rest of the horrible day.

Climbing back into the bed she buried her head in the pillow that smelled like Cole. She knew that it was pathetic, but she didn't care. She loved his smell. It helped her as she tried to get back to sleep. Would she have another nightmare or could she finally sleep peacefully?  The only thing that soothed her was knowing that Cole would come back to check on her. She understood that he was waiting until she had fallen back to sleep.  She could give him that at least.  She rolled over to squeeze the pillow.  She could pretend it was him, that would help.
© Copyright 2015 Silverangel (silver2011 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2034775-Because-youre-Mine-Chapter-2