*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2035693-Mean-Girls
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Occult · #2035693
Girls can be mean to each other...and sometimes pay a price...
Written for the Daily Flash Fiction Challenge with a word limit of 300.

The prompts: This story must contain the line: "They're going to regret this"

Mean Girls

“Okay, it’s my turn. Will Adam ask me to the dance?”

All of the girls broke into squeals of laughter.

“Jen, there is no way that’s happening. He’s captain of the football team and you are just…well you,” said Karen.

Jen tried to laugh along with the others. It was all just girl fun wasn’t it? It was normal for them to tease each other.

“Karen’s right, Jen. Why don’t you just ask if you will ever get a date, with anyone?”

That was Ashley. For some reason, her barbs always hurt the most. Probably because Ashley was the leader of this particular group of Mean Girls; A group that Jen longed to belong to just so she wouldn’t have to sit alone during lunch at school.

As if on signal, the girls pulled out their cell phones and started a round of texting and giggles. Forgotten was Jen. She’d invited them all to a sleepover, hoping it would give her a chance to be one of them. Unsurprisingly, it seemed that she was destined to be alone, even in her own living room.

She looked at the Ouija Board. It had been her idea. Actually, that wasn’t quite true. The board itself had suggested it.

“Ask them to play with me,” it had said.

Jen had done just that. She always did what the board told her to do. In a way, it was her only friend.

“Girls,” said Ashley looking up from her phone. “Daniel and some guys are down at the square. Let’s sneak out.”

She didn’t have to ask twice. No one noticed that Jen was left behind.

She reached for the board and asked, “Now what?”

“They’re going to regret this,” came the response.

Jen smiled darkly; knowing exactly what the board had in mind.

Word Count 300



© Copyright 2015 Hyperiongate (hyperiongate at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2035693-Mean-Girls