*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2035894-Post-mortem-for-a-misguded-fool
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Vic
Rated: 13+ · Monologue · Inspirational · #2035894
Even in deaths gaze, victory is in the eye of the beholder.
This world which has given birth to a new breed of darkness no longer needs heroes such as you and I.

For we are but reminders that at one time we had a fighting chance, a bitter shell of who we once were.

We fight, sacrificing even the most miniscule amount of our humanity, yet we progress no closer to our goals, left lost somewhere between then and now.

We, ourselves have become dark, betraying our own morals to fight for a cause that is no longer just.

The people of this world do not wish to be saved, they do not wish to be free, they are contempt crawling around in the darkness, living lives of ignorant bliss, being constrained by fine lines and red tape.

From their perspective we are the darkness which plagues the world, the irregularity that causes strife.

They do not care for the bigger picture, nor should they at this point.

We have done nothing but oppose the self appointed tyrants that dictate our lives, yet in the end we are no better in the eyes of the people, we are the ones who are unjust.

Who are we to say who should and should not be told what to do?

We, the few willing to embrace damnation to save even a single soul, are nothing more than an enigma to this world.

Unable to perceived by their simplistic views.

We are left with no purpose in this world, cast aside into darkness to dwell upon our own self appointed views.

We, have failed, and soon our kind and deeds will be erased from existence.

As my final moments approach this life I hold no regret, and I embrace my damnation, for I was just in my self righteous crusade.
© Copyright 2015 Vic (dgriffin at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2035894-Post-mortem-for-a-misguded-fool