*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2036046-Bad-Dream
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Fiction · Other · #2036046
Woman believed to be at a dance party wakes up from a twisted dream.
Strobe lights and robust music spread throughout the field like rust spreads over an old broken down car. Sweaty bodies grinding and pushing up on one another as they dance.

“What am I doing here?” I asked myself.

The music became louder and louder until the DJ decided to drop his beat. The bass turned low and shook the ground. One after another, people would drop with the beat as their ecstasy filled bodies quivered with joy. I was the only one standing and then things became weird. Foam arose from the people’s mouths and their bodies turned in circles upon the ground. I was scared beyond belief like a mother fears for her children’s safety. The thing about that is that I wasn’t feeling safe. The bodies of those around me began to disappear slowly into a pit of darkness as if it were feeding off their souls.

“What the hell is going on?” I asked myself in fear.

Then I heard a faint voice speak aloud to me.

“How are you doing Linda?” the voice asked.

Something was arising from the dark pit. Soon after I came to realize that it was my recently deceased mother. I cried out to her that I missed her and that I was happy to see her but then she shrouded me in darkness.

I woke up shortly after in a daze and said to myself, “This is so confusing.”
© Copyright 2015 Gabey-Baby (gabey-baby at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2036046-Bad-Dream