*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2036088-Devils-and-Angels-C7---The-sister
by Laurax
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Fantasy · #2036088
Chapter7 Kody is an angel Danny is a devil Kody finally meets his sister after years apart
Chapter 7



Kody and Abbie walked through the forest silently. The only sound heard was the soft crackle of the crispy leaves as they walked over them. The engulfing trees were tall, but as Kody glanced up he could still see the bright full moon in the clear sky. He heard wolves howling in the distance, it scared him a little to imagine being attacked in the darkness. His head pounded slightly as if trying to tell him something important, but he just couldn't quite grasp it yet. Although he wasn't that scared he could hear his unsteady breathing, he slowed down to try and calm himself and to reassure himself he was safe. That's when he grasped it, they didn't actually need to be here, Kody was filled with confusion.



She finally broke the silence. "Tell me about your sister, Kody."

"I've never had one, I think you've mistaken for someone else." He replied.

"Don't lie to me, I knew her."

"What, that can't be true, I don't have a-" Abbie cut him off.

"Isabel." Memories flooded into his head when he heard her name.

"What about her?"He spoke coldly.

"Like I said before, tell me about her."

"She's dead. What else could you want to know." He felt tears forming in his eyes, even though it had been years since he had seen her.

"She never died, I'm taking you to her." Abbie stopped walking once she came to a clearing in the forest, in front of them was a large pond that sparkled in the moonlight.

"But... My parents they said she died in one of their experiments on her." The tears started to run down his cheeks,gathering at his chin before falling to the dark ground.

"Yes, your parents were... how do I phrase this?" Abbie pondered.

"Sick people who never deserved a daughter like her." He spat angrily after he finished talking.

"I know that they done experiments on her for being... Different." Kody didn't reply, he was unsure what to say now so Abbie started talking again. "Their last experiment didn't kill her, but it changed her. Your parents figured if angels and devils can exist then so can other supernatural creatures. I'll let you see for yourself."

She then whistled as loud as she could. They both stood beside each other silently waiting for Isabel to suddenly appear up after all these years. Everything was quiet as if even the world was trying to listen. There was a small hum coming from the other side of the pond. Then there was a voice, a powerful voice that sang beautifully, even the birds seemed to join in. Howls of wolves joined in making the forest seem magical, the forest suddenly felt alive. The birds chirped, the wolves howled and the girl of the forest sang. A girl stepped out into the clearing, her blonde hair looked as if it was glowing in the moonlight. She never looked up as she sang, just kept walking forward towards the edge of the pond. Then Kody noticed she had wolf like ears sticking out of her hair and a tail swishing about behind her. She reached the edge of the pond, Kody then saw her reflection in the clear water. She stopped singing, the wolves stopped howling and the birds stopped chirping. She looked up then spoke in a soft voice.

"Hello, brother." Kody couldn't speak - it was her, after all these years he got to see her again. She wasn't dead, she was here on the other side of the lake, alive and healthy, but now she had a tail and wolf ears...



They stood in silence just staring at each other before Kody spoke. "What did they do to you, sister?"

"They used me as their lab rat, but now you could say I'm just a lab wolf. Haha I'm so funny, I've lost my humor over these years." She gave a fake laugh then smiled.

"Abbie brought me here to see you."

"I know, I heard the entire conversation, I was following both of you, but I was a wolf so you wouldn't of known. Sad to think you said you didn't remember your poor lonely sister."

"I'm sorry." Apologized Kody underneath his breath.

"It's okay, no one remembers poor Isabel who was killed by her parents because she was... Lets see how did you say it? Different? I think that's what I heard." She sounded miserable.

"Enough pity party Isabel, we are here for a reason." Spoke Abbie confidently.

"Oh alright. Tell me why."

"We need your help to find Danny." Kody answered her. Isabel whistled then a bird came flying down and perched itself on her shoulder. The bird chirped into her ear quietly then flew off.

"A little birdie told me that she's a devil."

"You can speak to birds now too?" Asked Kody.

"Of course. I've had these birds watching over you for a while, just telling me how you have been." Confessed Isabel.

"I guess that is cool." Replied Kody.

"Anyway. I can help you get Danny back, if you help me."

"How can I assist you, sister?"

"I... Want to go home."

"So do I sister, but I haven't found a way yet. Soon as we get Danny back I promise we will find out how and I'll bring you too."

"Alright, enough chit-chat, let's go." Shouted Abbie.

© Copyright 2015 Laurax (itsmelaura at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2036088-Devils-and-Angels-C7---The-sister