*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2036264-Putting-Your-Life-on-the-Line
Rated: E · Other · Emotional · #2036264
A true story about something that happened at work
Putting Your Life on the Line

I just had to give you all a shout out. This is a true story of what happened at a workplace in another place far away a few days ago. I was not there to see it take place, but heard from a reliable source it is true.

A couple of days ago a lead driver was called out to check out a situation. This is common practice, so that we might keep the college campus safe.

On this occasion John (not his real name),
saw someone who seemed down and out. He needed help. John did all he could to get in touch with persons who might help him to no avail. John decided this person seemed to need help, a place to stay until things got better. John waited until work was over and proceeded to get a motel room, since there was no room at a local rescue mission. All this was well and good until the next day arrived. John was given the third degree by two supervisors who talked with him for about an hour about how he should not ever do that. Since it happened on the school property there was a liability issue whether or not the help he gave him took place after hours.

A young man about eighteen was drawn into this situation to make phone calls to help set up the rescue. He asked me what I thought. As it turned out because of the phone calls he was considered as an accessory and was in the same meeting as the Driver. It was through him that I got the information.

I am outraged!!!!!! How can work places that trumpets how we should take into consideration the good Samaritan act, when dealing with someone who might need CPR, vehemently shout about rushing to the aid of someone who might be getting beat up even if it means one might suffer harm. Then this same work place lets people under them know that under no circumstances are we to let anybody pummel us, even if it means we might lose our job.

Then I get to this situation where a man's life is on the line. If he does not get help, who knows what will happen to him. Doesn't it say somewhere to do it unto the least of these? And you are telling me that it is better to protect myself or another, rather than help a brother or sister in need? What do you think?
*Delight*
© Copyright 2015 drifter (peterson4279 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2036264-Putting-Your-Life-on-the-Line