*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2036390-Multicolored-Roses-1
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Other · Action/Adventure · #2036390
Chapter one of this unusual and thrilling adventure.
Walking down the corridors of the most desired castle in all of Milon, I can't help but notice the new decorations that drape the walls with such grace. I notice all of the knights of the court are hung by rank. The lowest to the highest are placed with brilliant colors and ornaments. I am of the highest rank, so I assume I am near the end.
Before I get to the end of the halfway,I am called by one of my fellow knights down the opposite direction. Turning to meet a blue gaze, I await further communication.
Instead I meet a hard gaze. Almost unreadable. Promptly, he turns and walks the opposite way. Confused I follow obediently until we reach the Throne room. Suddenly, the knight turns around and gestures me in by holding the door open for me.
I give a confused glance and walk inside the room. I walk to the closest chair and await the King. The King and I are very acquainted with each other since his son and I are the closest we could possibly be.
Forbidden to love one another in such a fashion, we are limited in the activities that we may pursue. Such as walking in the garden is allowed, hugging is not permissible. We met on the outskirts of town where my family and I used to reside.
One day Klin was walking through the woods while I was fishing in the pond close to our house. Klin was spotted by a beast and ran towards my house. Not paying any attention to his surroundings he slipped into the pond where he hit his head and was rendered unconscious. Being the audience of such a sight, I did laugh but run to his rescue. After pulling Klin from the water I fought the beast off into the woods. Klin was bleeding from his head where the impact caused a deep incision. I picked him up, he didn’t weigh too much more than me. I carried him home where my mother treated his major wound. I watched her like I have many times. For my mother, was a practiced mage. She was well acquainted with the healing world.
When he was resting, I put cold rags on his head while Mother cooked supper. I took this time to observe him closely. He was sporting a ripped up shirt and trousers. I fetched some purple yarn and a needle. Carefully stiching his clothes, I watched him sleep. He had light brown messy hair, freckles on his cheeks, and he seemed to be wealthy.
As I was damping another cloth, I spotted a necklace gleaming. Careful to avoid waking him up, I gazed at the royal emblem. Excited I turned the pendant over I read “Royal Property of Klin, the Future Successor to the Throne of Milon.”
I jumped up squealing with delight. I realize I had saved the prince from his death. Happy my beloved kingdom still had it’s prince I ran to my mother telling her the news.
Surprisingly she just patted my head telling me to calm down and that she already knew. A little upset with her, I knew better than to get mad for her keeping the secret.
A little disappointed I got the dinner table ready. Three seats were set up, and I walked to the prince. Gently shaking him, I said dinner was ready.
When he awoke, he jumped back from my hand with wide eyes. Scooting from my rapidly he reached for his scabbard that I had previously took from his side so he could sleep. Seeing it wasn't there he gazed at me with wild eyes.
Gently I assured him he was in a safe place. Pointing to the sword I told him I had polished it and mended the bent parts.
My mother walking in wielding a pot of delicious chicken soup and broth with herbs to give flavor. She laughed lightly at the scene saying it was so iconic to see us that way. I still don’t understand what she meant.
After an extensive explanation, all three of us were sitting around the table enjoying my mother’s soup. My mother and I were not rich but we were happy with the little things we did have in our possession. We had a little cottage with a lot of farmland and animals. I loved that place.
Around noon, the prince and I were playing in the garden. Talking about our lives and how they were so different from each other’s. We were content..
Suddenly there was galloping of hooves and shouts of the princes name. The prince ran to them happy to see his court and his father again. I stood in the garden waiting until finally the King came a pointed his sword to my throat. He was angry that I had stolen his son away and was forcing him to live with us as his slave.
In a panic I called my mother who calmly walked outside to confront the king. She explained what had happened while Klin came and ran to my aid. He explained what I had done to save him and help in his time of need.
Slowly and cautiously the King had lowered his sword surprised at my actions. He asked for an explaination but before I could answer my mother invited him to dinner. He accepted happily and suddenly we were all squished into the little cottage.
The night came to end and the court set up camp for the night. The next day they left first thing in the morning and I was a little sad to see Klin go because he was my only friend. Though I was happy he was able to see his father. My father is such a coward. He abandoned me and my mother shortly after I was born. My mother said it was his time to go back to where he came from but I know she’s just sympathetic to him.
Either way, a few days and nights passed until I saw him again at the yearly Festival of the Moon. We rejoiced and danced all night...It was so fun back then….And then I became a knight.
© Copyright 2015 ThePhoenixFire (thephoenixfire at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2036390-Multicolored-Roses-1