*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2036505-Sights-to-show-you
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Fiction · Fantasy · #2036505
There is much to see


"I'm sorry Jan" the Specter lent out one of its ghostly hands, "it's just the way things are here"

  Jan  ignored the Specter. She continued to let her knees sink into the ground and stared upon the ruined land around her.

"No, no..." She uttered from her shock, "this isn't how it was...."

         Jan wiped her tears then rose stiltedly to her feet. With one hand she dragged the Specter, the other held out a disbelieving finger. As they stumbled amongst the collections of rubble Jan's finger shot about from one pile to another.

"Here was the store....here was the park. " Jan laughed to herself, "here was our school..." She tried to laugh again, but went back into sobbing. "It wouldn't be like this...she wouldn't do this!"

"I know it's hard to behold" The Specter sighed, "but this extent of your friend's pow..."

"Shut up..." Jan dug her hand into the ground, "shut the hell up!" Gravel flew from her hands and passed through the Specter. "I'm sick of your lies!"

"These are not lies" said the Specter, "All that I've shown you is how she truly is..."

         The Specter wisped it's self over by Jan's side. Together they watched Sam hover above the ruins. Her eyes glowed, strands of chaos weaved through her body. A sense of awe presented itself in them.

The Specter watched Jan eyes shift as she held her head. It was beginning to understand. "Listen" it said, "These aren't lies, this is a nightmare to her as well, one that may be a premonition"

Jan looked at the specter.

"But it is still only a nightmare, for now." It  continued, "If you know her then you will continue, now will you?"

Jan nodded.

"Well then, I still have sights to show you."









© Copyright 2015 W. W. Weaver (indigolord21 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2036505-Sights-to-show-you