*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2036993-The-Deeper-World--Ch1
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Death · #2036993
Megan and her twin brother, Lucas, face their parent's death and their future.
Chapter 1


         I came inside from the woods surrounding my home.  The living room was clear of people but the television was still on.  I heard a thump upstairs and I began to walk towards the staircase.  My twin brother, Lucas, screamed sending a chill down my back.  I ran up the stairs and saw my parent's door wide open.  Two men dressed in black and red were holding guns up to my parents and Luke was under their bed.  His eyes were wide and tear filled like the Nile River about to flood.  I froze and looked back and forth from Luke and my parents.  The next thing I knew I was under the bed holding Luke and trying to cover his eyes.  He kept pushing my hands away so he could see what was all happening.  One of the men looked at the bottom of the bed and saw Luke and I.  He elbows the other man and points to us.  They both pointed their guns towards us and put their finger on the trigger.  While they were distracted my dad elbowed the taller one in the side.  The man fell to the floor holding his side while the other turned to face my father.  My mom punched him in the jaw causing a cracking sound to happen.  The taller man on the floor grabbed my dad's leg sending him to the floor while the other man pushed my mother down.  The taller man stood up and looked at my parents that were on the ground.  At the same time I heard two loud pops.  I grabbed Luke closely as I looked towards my parents laying on the floor barely breathing and the men running out of the room.  Luke got out of my hold and crawled over to our mom. He took off his jacket and pressed it up against the bullet wound in her chest.  I crawl out over to my dad.  Trying to cover the wound would not have worked at this point with him.  He was already gone and dead.  Tears rolled down my face and landed on his upper arm.  Luke screamed and laid his head on our mom. "She's gone! She can't be! Why? Why her?"  I stand up and go over to him.  I put my hand on his arm and pulled him up.  He wrapped his arms around me and cried on my shoulder.  I held him tightly trying to comfort him.  "What's that?", he let me go and I walk over to a shining object on the floor.  I picked it up and flipped it over.  A silver symbol was attached to a chain.  The symbol was a circle with an X scratched into it.  "This must have came off of one of the men's necks."  Luke said while taking it from my hand.  I ran out of the room and downstairs.  The front door was opened up widely.  I went outside and looked around.  No sign of them anywhere.  Lucas came up behind me and slipped the necklace into my jacket pocket.  I looked back at him, " We need to find William and tell him what happened and soon."  We began to run towards our close family friend's house.  In a matter of minutes we reach his front door.  Luke banged on the door and screamed.  Jacob, William's son who is our age,  came around the side of the house.  "What is going on? Why are you all screaming?" Jake asked while dragging a big plank off wood.  I look at him with tears in my eyes, "They were killed. Our mom and dad. Dead."  His eyes went wide and he dropped the wood.  He disappeared into the house and came back out with his dad.  His dad ran up to me and gave me a hug and whispered,"It's time now." He backed away and vanished into the house.  He came back out with a box.  Luke looked at it with confusion,"What's that, Will?" Will opened it up and little wolf figure laid inside surrounded by red velvet.  "You both are special.  But you Megan.  You are very special.  Come here and pick this up."  William whispered in a kind of happy tone.  I picked it up and turned it into my hand.  It began to glow bright blue and the blue traveled up my arms.  I dropped it back into the box quickly.  It tattooed my arms in a odd swirling pattern.  It went from my wrist all the way up my arms and to my lower back.  I could feel it swirling and staining on my back.  The blue swirls turned black just like a tattoo.  Lucas and I stare in amazement.  Finally I spoke,"What just happened!? What was that? How are we special? How am I special?"  William chuckled and told us to follow.  We went over to where we usually have bonfires and sit on the logs surrounding the pit.  Will took a deep breath,"This may take a while to explain, so you may wanna get comfortable."  He got situated on the log and looked right at me.  "Your parents were not normal.  They were powerful.  They basically were power.  Your mom, you see, was...now take me seriously.  She was a vampire,not an important one but oh your father!  He was the real deal.  A werewolf.  Strong,fierce, and full aggression.  The leader of the Moon Scar Pack,which you are both born into.  But also the king of all of the wolves.  When the whole wolf species is in danger all the wolves come together under the king's or queen's rule.  But when it is pack against pack it is like the king or queen isn't even living.  Megan, you were first born by a minute, so the title goes to you.  You are the Queen, Megan and Alpha or as I said before leader of Moon Scar pack."  Lucas looks at the ground in a sad way.  "Don't fret Lucas.  You have powers too, just not the power she has. You are both hybrids.  I know that sounds weird, but it is a mix between a werewolf and vampire.  Megan, those marks are the sign of the Queen of the wolves.  Go to a zoo and check out the wolves next time." He winked while standing up and he then turned to walk towards the house.  I stood up quickly," How do we use this...power?"  Will turns back around,"Ah, yes. About forgot about that.  Samuel will teach you."  Luke looked at me and I could tell he was thinking the same thing which was,"Sam is one too!"  Sam comes running out of the house.  Since he wasn't wearing a shirt you could see his tattoo on his left arm.  Sam jumped into the air and then all I could see was a black blur.  He landed...on all fours.  A huge black dog replaced his tan,muscular body.  He walked over to me and lifted my hand with his hand.  I put my hand on his head and petted it.  Sam was and still is basically my uncle or best friend.  He was 19 at this time.  Then some weird thought came into my head,"Hi Megan. This tattoo on my arm is on the arm of everyone in the pack.  It is a sign of Moon Scar.  Luke is going to have to get one."  I looked at him and backed away my eyes wide.  He turned back into his normal human form.  "Called telepathy. Ever heard of it? Some call it commingiling though."  I tilted my head,"How do I do that?"  Sam sat down on a log and looked up at me,"What do you mean? The telepathy or the shifting?"  I thought for a moment,"You might want to tell me both,but first what about my parents?"  Will walks over and places his hand on my shoulder,"I went back to your house and your parent's bodies were not there.  The people who killed them must have scooped up them.  I'm sorry."



© Copyright 2015 SoftLullaby (softlullaby at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2036993-The-Deeper-World--Ch1