*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2037469-Daily-Flash-4--General-agreement
by Smee
Rated: ASR · Assignment · Action/Adventure · #2037469
Prompt : "I have some good news"
Word count - 251

~

"What do you mean he escaped?" The robust general sprayed spittle throughout the tent as he vented his rage.

"I did try to warn you, Sire. A simple cage wasn't going to hold a sorcerer for long, even gagged and hog-tied as he was."

"I don't pay you to give me excuses, Captain. I expect you to find solutions. You could have knocked him out? You could have visited with Galit, and retrieved some concoction to make him sleep."

Jarad winced. Why hadn't he thought of either of those, they seemed so obvious? Too obvious in fact.

"Sire, I should have done exactly those things, and as simple as they are I don't understand why I didn't think of them, except if I'd been enchanted. It is the only explanation. The sorcerer must have cast a spell on me before we got him into the cage, so he could escape."

The General wanted to bellow at the Captain for his incompetence, but his hatred of Sorcerers echoed the possibility. Insubordinate as he was, the Captain was intelligent. He wasn't usually so lax. He nodded his agreement to the younger man, and watched as he visibly relaxed.

"I have some good news, Sire."

"Oh?"

"I know where he is headed, and have scouts following him as we speak. Powerful as he is, he's no woodsman. A child could read the tracks he leaves."

"Good work, Captain. When we capture him again let me know. And this time, make sure he is properly secured. I shall be having words with him"
© Copyright 2015 Smee (smeedyer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2037469-Daily-Flash-4--General-agreement