*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2037920-Whats-Left-to-Be-Said
Rated: E · Other · Dark · #2037920
A free verse on having the last word.
Burn my bridge for I am forgotten,


The seconds merge the minutes into days like time is flying as an airplane and I missed my flight back home so I'm stuck here in this forsaken place wondering why?


Why is it I left? Why did you not stay?


I wasn't there when it all happened; I wasn't there to prevent it.


It all stopped and I just stood in shock with my body shaking as an earthquake and getting rushed into the hospital with a seizure of emotion and pain.


You said I'll be back soon and I believed it,


Didn't have it in writing to say that I could prove it,


Just know I would do it if I could.


The day that we all are reunited is the day I cross the bridge after I rebuild it with my own hands after they stop shaking with the thought that I can see you again.


The boat is sunk in the trench of the sea,


Like me and my dreams.


If you can hear me, why not reply?


All I wanted was to say goodbye.


Now that chance has gone I dive in and start to swim but the river hits oceans I cross until I slip into the depths with you watching me above with no hand to hold or breath to give.


You turn your back like I don't exist.


Leaving me behind for the last time as I reach for the surface and watch the fingers slip through my grasp as I sink deeper and deeper into the hollow depths.


The wind through a willow tree blows and I wake to a voice and begin to hope you came back. Rejoicing only to see myself in white clothes on an island with boats sailing without captains all around, the tide so strong I can't get away.


I see you over the horizon without any doubt,


I jump, hollering your name in a relentless shout!


I scream your name as loud as it can be heard, but if only for the birds, nobody was listening.


The only way I can truly say that I made it over that bridge is to say goodbye, but the only way to start is to say hi.


I can't start these one voice conversations anymore,


I might as well write them in books, published in glass bottles and thrown into the sea to be read by whoever will listen to me but the only problem is they never reach their destination with the minds of these people closed into a box that once opened may bring out light but the key is a puzzle that takes too long to solve.


But why solve it now if there isn't a point to it all?


With my time hanging onto a wire and my bridge about to collapse why not just run away and not stay like I did last time?


My answers only answer the questions that have been solved by my mistakes that do no good for me now until I can solve my cancers and cure my disease and run to you pure and clean to say two words I've said before.


But you wouldn't hear them walking through the door that took you away.


So burn my bridge to you, let it collapse and decay since you left me and the only way to see you is to ruin all I have worked for to simply leave and take the taxi back to the empty house with the bottles of despair and imagination sitting on the counter for me to take because the medicine is gone and I need to dull this pain.


Cut it out of me with scissors and knives,


Because not many wives would let their husbands drive themselves to this insanity without feeling guilty unless the sociopaths have their spell cast and pain is merely a state of thought and guilt is a condition without a cure.


So pull out these IV's and let me go. For all I know is that holding on is holding up your chances to burn my bridge back to you before I can ever reach out and wave. Crawling in this cave of my mind that has no exit but just goes in circles asking the same questions. Until I can say goodbye, I shiver in this ocean side cave with the tide rolling in to drown me in my sorrows.






© Copyright 2015 Roth Ceriphs (jamiem91 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2037920-Whats-Left-to-Be-Said