*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2038182-Daily-Flash-7-Tooth-alert
by Smee
Rated: E · Chapter · Other · #2038182
Prompt: "I have something to show you."
Word count 263

~

Kyle couldn't believe his luck. It was so perfect. The tooth had been wobbly all week, and he'd been working on it with his tongue carefully to get the timing just right. And now here he was. Friday night, with a tooth out, and no school tomorrow. This time he wouldn't miss her. He'd stay up as late as necessary, and see the Toothfairy!

"Mum! I have something to show you."

"What is it? Are you ready for bed yet?"

"My tooth, it came out!"

"Aww sweetie, is it ok, any bleeding?"

Kyle stuck his finger in the new gap in his mouth. "No. It's good."

"Well you know what to do then. Give it a wash, clean it up, and put it under your pillow."

"Yay!"

A few minutes later he clambered in to bed. "Night, mum."

She tucked him in and gave him a kiss on the cheek. "Night sweetie. Go to sleep now, no tricks if you want her to come. You'll just scare her away if you stay awake."

"Of course, mum."

His bedroom door was pulled almost closed, just a crack left open. The fish-tank nightlight filled the room with a low blue light.

Secure in his blanket fort, Kyle switched on his torch and giggled softly. Nothing to do now but wait.

~

"Kyle, wakey wakey, breakfast is ready."

His mum was calling from downstairs. With a shock he sat up. No! No! He'd fallen asleep. He reached under the pillow. The shape his hand felt told him all he needed to know. The tooth was gone. A fat coin in its place. She sure was a tricksy one.

Next time!
© Copyright 2015 Smee (smeedyer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2038182-Daily-Flash-7-Tooth-alert