*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2038276-Well-Oiled-Machine
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Tweak
Rated: E · Article · Religious · #2038276
Helping your neighbor
         The body of Christ is like a huge machine with many inter mingling parts that intersect at certain points and it is huge and minuscule at the same time. God is amazing.

         Today was one of those days that changes lives. Sitting on the side of the road with four other commuters doesn't happen often enough. These are people that I probably drove next to or behind or in front of everyday. I didn't know them, but our lives were so intermingled that it sad that we had never met before. One little thing can set off a chain of reactions that in the end always glorifies God, even among unbelievers. There had been a hit and run right in front of me. Me and three other vehicles had stayed back from going on with our lives to help this lady. (names omitted for privacy). The first driver sped off to get the license plate number while me and the lady who had been in the accident got her and her car over to the side of the road safely with the help of another commuter. This other commuter’s wife had called it in and he had come over to help. He had been in a motorcycle accident a couple weeks back that I had seen on my way home from work. He was well taken care of when I passed by and saw no way I could help, so I prayed for him as I passed by. He had been running late that morning and would have been further down the road if he had been on time. The other lady that went to go get the license plate came back and told us that the car had parked about a half mile down a side street. I took the initiative to go see if the other person was hurt or not. I drove off and found it without much trouble but the occupant was inside the house that she had parked in front of. Assuming she either lived there or know the person who did I took down the house number for the authorities. I went back to the scene of the accident and right after I got back the husband of the lady who was in the accident arrived. As we waited we talked among ourselves, we did introductions and the lady who got in the accident kept apologizing the whole time we were waiting, about us being late for work. We talked and told a little about ourselves, where we worked and small talk kind of things. In situations like these it is common for God to come up in passing but I actually got to talk to these people a little bit here and there throwing in little truths to help them through the situation and glorify God even in the bad times. I think all of us walked away today changed a little bit, either by seeing the kind heart of a complete stranger, or by seeing answered prayers or even by seeing people sacrificing for someone they don’t even know. The story of the good Samaritan is still prevalent today even the story was told close to 2000 years ago. We saw so many busy commuters drive looking but not doing anything. Unfortunately, I was surprised that there had been four bystanders, complete strangers, helping this lady. In the story it was only one Samaritan there to help, but today there was four. To God give the glory, if the people who stopped to help had not been running late who knows if the lady in the accident would have had anyone stop and help her. Don’t let opportunities pass you by, God puts them there to strengthen your faith and get you involved in people’s lives that you would not have known otherwise. In the weeks to follow I have made a plan to check up on and make sure that the lady in the accident and her husband are doing well and minister to them if they need. I am hoping that maybe God will use me to help this couple to come to Christ or to exhort them and encourage them to seek God’s face more to become like Christ, whatever the situation may be. I plan to act on faith and share the gospel with those who need it. How about you?
© Copyright 2015 Tweak (tweak42 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2038276-Well-Oiled-Machine