*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2038746-LIVING-LIFE-TO-THE-FULLEST
Rated: E · Essay · Other · #2038746
Dare to Dream , Believe in Yourself and Survive the Unimaginable...
In an age where things seemed to change so fast, amazed by the rapid growth of kids nowadays, a great demand for modernization and sometimes when life seems to be getting a bit shorter than the average life span, I can only think of one thing and that is to "Live life to the Fullest." A very powerful cliché that encourage people to live their life in maximum capacity, doing the impossible. This might seemed a bit odd coming from me since I always live my life on the safe side and have never attempted living on the edge. How can somebody live his/her life to the fullest without even trying to take a life outside of his/her comfort zone? Well, leave it to the person who knows him/herself better than anyone else. People have their own means of enjoying their lives, whether it is as plain as sitting in the park just watching the world goes by or staying up late in a disco bar. Having a good time doesn't have to be always mean doing stuffs outside. Yes, it would be fun spending time with your friends and family doing outdoor activities, like going to a movie house and do a little shopping and eat in a fancy restaurant afterwards. Others might chose to go out of town or out of the country (which might needs a bit of financial planning), or it can be as simple as going to the beach, hiking a mountain, go fishing and a lot of other stuffs.

As ordinary as my life is becoming every day, I started to think of ways on how to shift my life in a more productive, risky and no pretense kind of living. And by "no pretense" I mean "dare". Dare to see the world, things dangerous to come to and going into the unknown. That's right! a "Walter Mitty" kind of thing. I mean here I am, getting close to 30 and yet I feel like I haven't accomplished anything yet. I've been living my life with ease and familiarity every single day that I don't even know what it was like living in a messed up, chaotic world. Don't get me wrong , I mean who doesn't want a life at peace and in order. I've been living that life for almost 30 tedious years and what did I get? I haven't been into that here-i-am-mending-my-broken-heart-again moment. I haven't got any bruises and scratch from venturing out into the wild, except for a few blisters which by the way I got from cooking (frying to be exact) which doesn't count I know. I have never been on the verge of life and death by falling from a cliff, or drowning because of a raft got deflated and getting into a lot of other weird situations. What I'm saying is that shouldn't we feel the opposite sometimes just so we test our limits, assess how well is our physical and emotional well-being, and discover how we would be able to handle a situation we've never been into before? I like occasional surprises, something that I can handle but not the type which makes me feel helpless and incapable. I wanted to be that kind of person who never faze when face with untimely and unfortunate situation. As much as I like being in my comfort zone all the time, I also half wished to be on the other side just to, you know evaluate what I am capable of. I wanted to know how far I can go and do the impossible, how to make use of my abilities and help others, travel and connect with people. I wish I could develop my talent and touch the lives of others.

I am certain that there has to be more of life than what I am experiencing right now. I wanted a life that could push me to the full limit of what I can be as an individual being. A kind of bittersweet life that will hone me into becoming a better and not so perfect person at the same time. Trust me, everybody wants to be perfect and I am sure I don't want to compete with anybody on that category. I wanted to be that kind of person that will be acceptable no matter how successfully or messed up my life have become. I know I am different and I prefer to stay that way. I might not be the charming person to be with but I'm not such a bad person either. I believe that we all behave in a manner as a result of how other people tends to bring out the worst and best in us unknowingly. And that is one particular situation that I wanted to manage in a wise and mature way. My goal is simple. To live my life the way God wants me to live it, be able to brave all the challenges that life throws at me, be able to experience happiness and share it with the people who matters to me and for the record be able to do silly, dangerous undertaking and yet manage to make it out alive. ♥♥♥
© Copyright 2015 sagittarian (luisagamelanie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2038746-LIVING-LIFE-TO-THE-FULLEST