*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2038770-Anika
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Contest · #2038770
If you have a better title, please share. Short story in romance for Breakthrough thingy
Anika heard the key in the lock and quickly hoisted herself up on the coolness of the granite countertop that divided the kitchen from the dining room in the condo. She let her barefoot legs swing back and forth as she waited for Derek to join her. The sweet scent of lavender wafted in from sliding door that led to the deck. Being on the tenth floor, the sounds of the street were a low buzz. Anika loved living on the higher floors where the intense heat of the summer was not so noticeable.

“Why are you on the counter?” Derek was working his way up in a large corporation and dressed and spoke the part of an employer with an errant employee.

Anika smiled as she turned her attention from the neighbors across the way. The wings of the building were separated by an expansive entry way to the condo unit and had been focused on the elderly couple that were in an animated conversation about something. She tilted her head in what she hoped was sexy. “Because you told me not to.”

Derek put his briefcase on the counter next to her as he shrugged out of his Izod suit jacket and loosened his tie while he assessed her with curiosity. He caressed the satiny material of Anika’s skirt with his left hand. “How much did this set me back?”

“500.”

“Geez, woman, I am not made of money.”

“Don’t worry about it. I paid for it with my own money.”

“How is it the husband’s money is ‘our money’ and the wife’s money is her ‘own money’?”

“I’m not wearing underwear.”

“Why do you talk like that?”

“Because I can.”

Derek let out a deep sigh and coaxed, “Come on, get down.”

Anika winked at him, grabbed him by the tie and pulled him to the spot in between her knees. She teased, “It’ll cost you.”

The tie ended up draped over his briefcase and she began to unbutton his shirt. He grabbed both her hands. “What’s the catch?”

“I want to French kiss.”

Derek scolded, “You know I hate that.”

“Eh-hm.”

Derek weighed the options in his head. Anika watched the thought processes going on behind his eyes as he contemplated his choices.

Anika gently demanded, “What’s the big deal about a little kiss?”

“I had an old girlfriend and …”

Anika planted her lips firmly on Derek’s. She pulled back slightly and said against his lips, “I don’t want to hear it, and I for sure do not want to be compared to that memory.”

He nodded. He let go of her hands to run his hands up and down her thighs underneath her skirt. “How many times do I have to do that French thing?”

Anika rolled her eyes. “Now you are irritating me.”

Derek shrugged, “It’s just that …” He stopped his exploration under his skirt, “I thought you said you were commando.”

“It’s a t-bar. It’s easy access so it’s about the same thing.”

“What am I going to do with you?”

“Get over it. You picked me. You knew that before you married me. I think you like it”

Derek smiled and rasped, “I know. Hitch up.”

Anika draped her arms around her man’s neck and tightened her knees around his waist so that he could carry her to the bedroom. “I like it when you talk like a cowboy.”

“Does it get me out of that French thing?”

Her voice became husky, “How about a hickey instead?”

“We aren’t in high school.”

Anika was nipping at his neck causing him stumble.

His eyes darkened as he whispered, “You are making it hard for me to walk.”

“Eh-hm,” Anika breathed into his ear.









[word count: 622]
© Copyright 2015 Cheri Annemos (cheri55422 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2038770-Anika