*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2039090-Query-Letter
Rated: E · Letter/Memo · Action/Adventure · #2039090
Letter sent Literary agents, in hope of being represented to a publisher to be published.
Dear Ms. Nelson,

I’m currently seeking representation for my middle grade novel, Urban Ruins. I am writing to you because I was highly impressed by your representation of the book; Legend by Marie Lu.

Growing up in the south-side of Chicago, Dalonn is known as the most generous person in his neighborhood. In fact, he’s been nicknamed, “Lofty”, by his many friends. Sadly, things turn ruthless when Dalonn is taken advantage of for his liberality.

On a humid night, when the stock market crashes, the U.S. finds itself in its first economic depression in nearly a century. On the streets, panic erupts as buildings are set afire, banks close their doors, and stores are pillaged. Earlier than night, Dalonn has been tricked into a deal with a vile man from his mother’s past. As time passes, Dalonn faces more danger as the economy worsens. The baneful man from his mother’s past has returned. He wants his money, and he will do anything to retrieve it. Fearing for their lives, Dalonn and his mother scurry into the night, on a venture of turmoil, remorse, and choices that will ultimately test the fate of their lives.

Urban Ruins is an Apocalyptic Urban novel set at 50,000 words. I have won 2nd place in a FSCA poetry slam in 2013. I live with my family in Flint, MI

Thanks for your time and consideration,

Anthony Sanders
© Copyright 2015 Anthony Sanders (aprettyboy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2039090-Query-Letter