*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2039241-The-Last-Dragon
by mirus
Rated: E · Chapter · Fantasy · #2039241
Prologue of book idea
Location : Class 3 Universe designated UD-3-209
Date : Indeterminate

         For the first time in the long history of the universe, there was movement. An entity stirred for the first time since it was incarcerated in this universe, sealed and forced into a slumber that should have continued till the universe ended. However, its wardens were limited by their knowledge of the allverse, even though they were the oldest and wisest of the all civilizations in all universes when they sealed the entity in the unnamed universe. They believed this universe to be self-contained, a universe where there was no energy and hence, no time or entropy to degenerated the seals, magical and technological. But energy always moves from a region of higher potential to an area of lower potential, and an area with no energy is the ultimate lure for energy of all kinds.
         
         Over the passing of time, the wardens, as they are known to the entity, continued to monitor the entity in its prison, a task that was handed down generation to generation. What they did not realize is that every time they opened a window to observe the entity, some energy seeped into the universe, not enough to do anything, but just enough for energy to gain a foothold. But as with all tasks, generations of non-change led to complacency, checks reduced in  frequency, safety precautions were less strictly followed until finally, hundreds of generations after the entity was incarcerated, there were no more wardens, the task forgotten and the window left behind. Without maintenance, the window slowly deteriorated, letting a constant trickle of energy to leak into UD-3-209.
         
         After several more hundreds of generations, the wardens were no more, dying out due to a great war with a union of new civilizations, their planets blasted into oblivion, along with all records of the entity and the window. Forgotten by the allverse, but not by energy, which continued to pour through the crack in the fabric of space that used to be the window, slowly vitalizing the frozen universe and the entity, until now.

         Slowly the entity opened a sensory organ that can only be described as an eye, but rather than take in light, it took in all types of energy and translated it into information. Reviewing its surroundings the entity slowly recalled where it was, why it was there and more importantly, what it was. Recalling all the details, an emotion that is most closely defined as fury surged through its being, revitalizing it and filling it with a need it has never felt before, a need for vengeance. Filling itself with as much energy as it could gather, it roared, or more accurately, it released a pulse of energy, which surged through UD-3-209 and did two things. Firstly it ripped open the crack that used to the window, flooding energy into the universe while at the same time devastating the neighboring universes with black holes that opened up to supply the energy. Secondly, it caused the other entities in UD-3-209 to stir, for the entity was never alone, it was simply the subject the wardens chose to observe rather than watch every one of them. As energy flowed in, the entities woke up one by one, each one unleashing a roar of its own to tear more holes in the fabric of the universe and to awaken more of its brethren.
         
         The allverse did not know it yet, but the end has begun.
© Copyright 2015 mirus (mirusuki at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2039241-The-Last-Dragon