*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2039265-The-Men-On-The-Moon
by arlene
Rated: E · Poetry · Fantasy · #2039265
Our Galaxy
The Men On The Moon

When the naked sky opens its arms to show the stars there are no clouds to hold in its warmth.
On a new night stars play peek-a-boo around the clouds, while the moon watches.
The moon, with its ever changing shapes waiting for the stars to catch up and play.
And its men ever hiding, in fear we will know they are there.

Day turns to night; the stars emerge slowly appearing to flow from the Big Dipper.
As they take their place a dark blanket emerges behind them enhancing their sparkle.
If we could just reach up, grab hold, and take a ride to see the constellation hidden from our view.

The galaxy is our protector, yet ever changing, so filled with unknowns. 
But the sun and the moon we know as the tide changers are hiding those men on the moon who lasso the sun into a gravitational pull causing our tides to bulge on command.

The Milky Way ever moving, orbiting at speeds we cannot feel carrying us to mysterious destinations.
Our Stars disappearing swallowed up just to make way for seven new creations a year, all waiting just to be named.

What we don't know is so much more than what we do.
Observe the awe and wonder of our sky, lie on blanket in a field, climb the highest of trees or maybe scale to the roof of a sky scraper.
See the Milky Way as one of Gods great murals and draw from its peaceful quiet beauty and you may find when you look close enough the men on the moon watching and protecting us as we sleep.

Arlene Lewis
2/26/2015
© Copyright 2015 arlene (alewis123 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2039265-The-Men-On-The-Moon