*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2039623-Everyday-Epic-Mistake
Rated: 13+ · Other · Dark · #2039623
When something evil wants to break free can one person's will be enough to hold it back?
Everyday Epics: Mistakes

By Patrick M Russell

It didn't take long before the feeling crept up from my core. Slowing rising, it began forming in my gut and flying upward. Soon I was to overcome my time was short. Pushing up, and up. Scrapping my insides as it moved. Tearing me to sunders from within. Leaving nothing but sore in its wake. These next few seconds would determine everything but only prove my selfish need to be wanted. My wolfs in friendly cloth continued there chants but even they would cry if the deep evil reached my lips. Shaking my head I move towards solitude. My flower was soon to bloom spreading to all corners of the room, infecting everything as it had infected me. I had to contain the darkness that now clawed the base of my throat.

Scratch, scratch, pain!

Cutting my connection to my lungs breathing stopped. I was choking on my inner demon, its vile form blocking me from something I was born to have. My life. Oh lord why did I ingest such a monster? Why must I have shamed my very being in order to join with others of my race? They will not break from my passing, only the beast that now sat at the base of my mouth. But if I was to ruin myself, my mistake would not be epitaph.

Sting, scratch, sore!

It was now at the gate. Like soldiers of a final stand long abandoned of hope and victory my teeth held the darkness at bay. They would fall in time for nothing could stop the onslaught of my mistake. But by God, they tried. They had given me the time I needed, I had made it to silence. Here was to be its birth, I could not contain it any longer. It must be free. I released my body of its duties, long had it taken care of me, only for me to spit it in the eye and forget its extensive service. If only I could tell it I was sorry, that I would try better next time. If I could just have... one... more... chance.

Out it rushed.

Down it flushed.

I drank too much...

BLUAH!

© Copyright 2015 Patrick.M.Russell (buried.books at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2039623-Everyday-Epic-Mistake