*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2039667-The-Starlit-Skies-The-Stars-Shall-Fall
by Quill
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Sci-fi · #2039667
Chapter 1 in the series. Fallus has enjoyed a simple life on his world. However
The Starlit Skies: The Stars Shall Fall
By: Quill


         The cool autumn air whisked softly across the land, leaving a sense quiet but expectant beauty. The heat of summer and its endlessly laborious toils gone, replaced with its ripe rewards and the sweet smells of harvest. It would be often a day one of this land might peruse the local markets, or perhaps go on a stroll. But this land, far from the once modern bustling Earth, still had a hidden energetic and frantic pace of its own.
         A strange, beaked and winged creature stood rigidly at attention in a vividly blue meadow common to the land. Its thin, fur covered arms bent slightly back as it sniffed the air. This creature, known to any and all as a Belisk, and as it spoke in a harsh, alien tounge, the hilarity of this odd moment set in, "Fallus, where is it you lie in wait you wretch?! Steal from me and I'll very sure steal your head! Come out coward!"
         The Belisk blundered and screeched as it flailed it's claws in reckless frustration. From a thicket of brush nearby, Fallus chirped quietly with glee. He did it, he had stolen from the unscrupulous Berin. He held the silly little carved rock close to his chest, and in victory he called as he ran from thicket and right past Berin, "Balil'ae Vatum, the slowest brute!"
         But as he ran, Fallus grew very aware how lost he became in his escape from Berin's wrath. Galop trees, native towering plants, who's trunk glowed blue and fiberous tendrils brushed the faces of taller creatures, obscured the planet's third moon and two suns from Fallus' sight, making direction impossible to determine. As realizing Berin was long behind, Fallus slowed to a halt. But he chose the wrong place to do so.
         Catchas, a carnivorous plant, lays thin and dead branches and vines above its maw, and Fallus mistakenly fell for it. His life flashed before his eyes as he for toward his known doom, and pleadingly he cried, "Gods! Gevus, Wera, Illeran save me! I shall never do wrong again!" But the Catchas maw did not close, and its acids for digestion never flowed. Instead, Fallus fell through a hole cut into the bottom of the beast.
         His eyes slowly opened and her unfurled from his somewhat embarssingly hasty fetal position. He once more chirped and chartered with utter joy, "By the gods, im alive! I'll atleast try to remember to give thanks for that." Fallus then stopped in his tracks. Before him was a strange, metallic room with many tubes and wires he didnt understand the purpose of. Furthermore, the rock he stole started to glow. The flat, glossy "rock" spoke aloud, "System reboot successful. Cryogenic thawing on chambers 1-3 begun. Please wait." Fallus did not speak the language the "rock" spoke, but he knew for a fact rocks cant talk. "What in the gods names is this place...and what exactly, are you..." he poked and prodded the rock, gaining only a single repeated phrase from it, "Access denied. Cryogenic thaw cannot be cancelled."
         Fallus was confused and very bored for the next 3 minutes as he fiddled with the strange, alien device, until finally a loud ding resounded, "Thaw complete. Thank you for your cooperation" Fallus was not in the slightest with the "devil noise" the device made in that moment, and proceeded to smash it to peices. In that moment, three doors opened to reveal coughing, naked, humans. "Wait...Is that...By the gods...literally! Oh I am a wretched fool! Spare me your wrath! Please, I knew not what I did, I knew not I stole your holy rock, and I am humiliated utterly that I destroyed it!" Fallus lay flat to the ground in d ear and prayer. One of the humans, the female, spoke first as she dressed
         "Hello little Belisk. My name is Wera. That man is Gevus and that one is Illeran. What is your name?" She bent to be more on level of height with Fallus, and he was rendered speechless for a time before he finally mustered, "Fallus....im Fallus...am I dead?" To which Gevus replied "No, I thought you were Fallus?" and it would be from that moment that Fallus' headache began
© Copyright 2015 Quill (natbatflat at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2039667-The-Starlit-Skies-The-Stars-Shall-Fall