*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2040329-What-Happened-to-the-USA
Rated: 13+ · Other · Other · #2040329
Just my two cents worth about the USA, and the morals, or lack thereof we have these days.
I know there are probably a lot of other folks out there who sit and watch the news, and think to themselves, "what the heck is going on with this country?"

Growing up, i spent a lot of time at my grandparents home. My grandmother and grandfather taught me a lot of their "old school" morals and ideals. If you watch television it seems like never ending violence, theft, cases of greed, embezzlement, murder, rape, and sexual perversion. What happened to those old school morals?

I believe I was born out of time so to speak. I read about the era before and leading up to and during WW2. Back then the flag of the USA was something that stood for peace, prosperity, justice, and fairness. Granted, within our own country we didnt exactly have universal fairness with the way the civil rights were trampled on against certain races, and America didnt exactly treat the Native Americans right either. That being said though USA was a universal melting pot. All nationalities were welcomed. People came here looking for a piece of the "American Dream". Since WW2 ended, the morals within this country have slowly but surely eroded into this degenerate society we have today. Young children rolling down the street in their "hoopties" listening to music that barely deserves to be called music. Popular artists singing songs about drugs, guns, sexual promiscuity, and stealing cars, and other things.

What happened to the society in the USA? If one looks at the decline of the Roman Empire, there are so many similarities in the decayed morals of their society and ours. Its not my place to decide whats right and wrong, but thank goodness in this country we still are allowed to voice our opinions about things, and to have our own beliefs. I truly believe that the loss of morals, integrity, honesty, trustworthiness, and loyalty starts at the home. Parents these days just are not trying as hard as back in the old days for what ever reason. I am 38 years old. I know there has got to be other folks out there my age who remember getting their but spanked at school, or with something like a willow tree switch. You try that now and someone calls the police and you get thrown in the clink for abusing your child. One swift smack on the rear never made me grow up dysfunctional or psychologically damaged. Yet we have children who know that they can turn their parents over to the county for simply using corporal punishment on their behinds....

Lets look at Baltimore for example. I sincerely thank goodness that the police who did that to that guy, if they are indeed guilty, (remember, innocent until proven guilty by a jury of your peers!) get what they deserve. It is indeed a sad thing that that guy lost his life. But that being said, did that give those people the right to destroy their city? Did these people not learn the lessons of Gandhi? Did these people not learn from their parents the differences between right and wrong? Im sure they for the most part did, but they chose to ignore their lessons and run amok instead. One man was murdered here, by allegedly unprofessional, corrupt police officers. Did the rest of the inhabitants of this fine city murder that man too? Why should they be punished by mobs uncontrollably ravaging the city destroying buildings, vehicles, and looting stores? What gives these mobs the right to do what they have done? It would seem to me that the enormous amount of damage and devastation that these mobs created far outdid the wrong that had been committed to begin with. Now don't misunderstand me, I'm not condoning in any way shape or form what happened. As I said those officers deserve whatever is coming to them if they are found guilty. But these "protesters" if you want to call them that were more like devastators, or demolition men than protesters.

I hope during the course of my little rant here I didn't offend anyone as that was not my intention. I am simply a Proud American who is devastated by what our once morally powerful country has become. If you have any thoughts you would like to add....please feel free to comment at any time, and thank you for taking the time to read my little rant section here.
© Copyright 2015 History writer (mcsiti1976 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2040329-What-Happened-to-the-USA