*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2040561-Pokemon-BV---Vergil-Vs-Devin
Rated: E · Other · Fanfiction · #2040561
Retelling of one of my Pokemon Battle Videos.
Vergil viewed the Team Preview, his heart racing. "Last time I battled Devin, I played overly aggressive and lost the match. I need to think this one through. He has three weather affects at play. This is going to take some very careful planning." She thought as she planned out her lead. After selecting her team's ordering she entered the stadium where her opponent awaited.



         "Here we are, once again Vergil. You ready?" Devin asked as he looked across the stadium at his friend.



         "Yeah, let's both do our very best. Don't hold anything back." Vergil smirked as she grabbed her two Dusk Balls.



         "I wouldn't have it any other way!" Devin exclaimed with a grin as he grabbed two Pokeballs off his belt. "Let's go, Excadrill and Tyranitar!"



         "Let's rock, Gaius and Lon'qu!" Vergil called.



         Excadrill, Tyranitar, Flygon and Greninja appeared in the stadium. A sandstorm began raging in the stadium as both trainers thought about all the possiblities that could happen. In previous battles the two trainers had with one another, it was always one call that made the outcome. After a moment of thinking both trainers had formulated their strategies.



         "Excadrill, use Iron Head on Flygon. Tyranitar use Rock Slide!" Devin instructed his team.



         "Lon'qu Mat Block, Flygon use Tailwind!" Vergil yelled out to her two Pokemon.



         Excadrill moved first and struck Flygon with Iron Head. Flygon screeched as the attack struck him in the belly. "Gaius!" Vergil called out in worry. Greninja managed to outspeed Tyranitar and got the Mat Block up. A rain of rocks struck the kicked up mats. Flygon breathed heavily as he flapped his wings kicking up a Tailwind. "I should've Earthquaked." Vergil thought, seeing Gaius struggling to keep moving. Greninja winced as he was pelted by the sandstorm. "Gaius use Dragon Claw, Lon'qu Waterfall, both of you target the Tyranitar!"



         "Excadrill use Iron Head, take out that Flygon! Tyranitar, Rock Slide!" Devin called out.



         Thanks to the Tailwind, Greninja moved first. He struck Tyranitar with a speedy Waterfall. Tyranitar took a step backwards as he shook off the attack, the large rock Pokemon roared challenging his attackers. Flygon managed to move next, his claw striking Tyranitar. Vergil held her breath a sense of nervousness overtaking him. Tyranitar dropped, causing the stadium to shake. Vergil let out a low breath as she watched Devin call back the knocked Pokemon. Excadrill wasted no time striking Flygon with another Iron Head. The Dragon/Ground Pokemon cried out in pain as the attack sent it into a wall.



         Dust was sent everywhere from the impact. "Whoa... Big hit." Devin commented as he watched the dust begin to settle. Flygon was on the ground, eyes spinning. Vergil pulled out a Dusk Ball and called back her Flygon. Greninja winced as the sandstorm pelted him. "Hey," Devin began, causing Vergil to turn her attention to him. "nice start, let's keep up the pace." He said with a smile.



         Vergil smirked as she grabbed the Luxury Ball off her belt. "Yeah, let's, right back at ya." She replied to the Pokemon Mainiac. "Alright, let's go Chrom!" She called as she tossed the Luxury ball into the air. A Lucario shot out of the ball, his eyes fierce with a sense of duty to his team.



         "Lucario, huh. Alright, let's go Charizard!" Devin responded as he sent out his Charizard. "Mega Evolve Charizard!" The Charizard mega evolved into his Mega Y form. Sunlight filled the stadium as the Sandstorm subsided.



         "Chrom, Close Combat. Gaius, Waterfall. Both of you target the Excadrill!" Vergil exclaimed.



         "Charizard Heat Wave, Excadrill Earthquake!" Devin called out.



         Greninja moved first, striking the Excadrill with Waterfall. The sunlight weakened the power of water type attacks. Lucario was next, rushing forward and colliding with the Excadrill with Close Combat. Excadrill took a step backwards before collapsing. Devin called the Ground/Steel Pokemon back as Mega Charizard struck with Heat Wave. Greninja held on, heavily weakened but he hung on. Lucario teetered side to side before falling. "Chrom... Damn, what do I do? Think Vergil." Vergil thought as she called back her Lucario.



         "Seems we keep exchanging blows here, Vergil." Devin noted as he grabbed his next Pokeball. "I expected nothing less from you."



         "Thanks, seems our Pokemon are as eager to win as we are." Vergil replied as she grabbed a Great ball from her belt.



         "Yeah, and neither of us is willing to give any ground." Devin responded as he tossed his next Pokeball into the air. "I choose you Exeggutor!" He added as the Grass/Psychic Pokemon emerged.



         "Lissa, it's onto you!" Vergil called as she tossed the Great ball into the air. An Espeon sprang out, her eyes showing she was nervous but also eager to fight. "Lissa, Psyshock Charizard! Lon'qu, Night Slash Exeggutor!"



         "Exeggutor, Protect! Charizard, Heat Wave!" Devin hollared to his team.



         A bubble like force field appeared around Exeggutor. Greninja struck the force field with a dark blade looking attack. Vergil cursed under her breath. "That's going to be the turn to cost me." She thought as she watched her Espeon struck Mega Charizard.



         Mega Charizard roared as though taunting the Espeon. He struck Espeon and Greninja with viscious flames, both Pokemon winced as the flames licked across them. Greninja dropped to the ground, Espeon struggled to move but managed to hang on to keep fighting. "Lon'qu, return!" Vergil yelled nervously as she called Greninja back into his Dusk ball. She reached for a Pokeball on her belt and hesitated. "I don't want to send you out but I really need you now." She thought as she tossed the Pokeball into the air. "Lucina, we need to change the tide of battle!" A shiny Serperior came out of the battle. The Tailwind that had been summoned earlier died down.



         "Shiny Serperior, interesting." Devin said under his breath. "Exeggutor, Sludge Bomb the Serperior! Charizard, Heat Wave!"



         "Lucina, Hidden Power the Exeggutor! Lissa, Psyshock, bring down the Charizard!" Vergil instructed.



         Exeggutor's Sludge Bomb struck the Serperior in the face causing the Grass snake to shake her head. She held on but barely. There was a purple gunk clinging to the snake, causing Vergil to worry. "Poison." She thought. Serperior lashed out with her Hidden Power and greatly weakened Exeggutor. Unfortunately for Vergil, the recoil of the held item took Serperior down. Vergil let out a defeated sigh as she called Serperior back. Espen managed to outspeed and finish off Mega Charizard with her Psyshock.



         Devin called back his Charizard and grabbed the fifth Pokeball on his belt and tossed it into the air. "Go Poliwrath!" He said as the Poliwrath came out of his Pokeball.



         Vergil grabbed the Dive ball from her belt, it had been awhile since she was last backed into a corner. But the battle was far from over, she knew there was still a chance. "Robin, it's up to you to tip the scales!" She exclaimed as her last Pokemon, Charizard shot out of his Dive ball. "Lissa, Psyshock the Poliwrath. Robin, Heat Wave!" She instructed her team in their last stand.



         "Exeggutor Giga Drain, finish the Espeon. Poliwrath, Waterfall the Charizard." Devin said calmly.



         With the sunlight still up, Exeggutor was the fastest and finished off Espeon. "Lissa no." Vergil thought as she called back her Esepon. "It's all up to Robin."



         Charizard lashed out with a Heat Wave, taking down Exeggutor and barely scratching the Poliwrath. Exeggutor was called back as Poliwrath struck Charizard with Waterfall. Despite the sunlight, Waterfall still hit like a truck. Charizard was barely moving, his breathing was heavy.



         "Alright Politoed, come on out!" Devin exclaimed as his final Pokemon, Politoed entered battle. The sunlight faded away and was replaced by rain.



         "Robin, we can---" Vergil began to whisper to her Charizard. In response the Fire/Flying Pokemon roared, he knew he stood backed into a corner but the Charizard was not willing to give up. "Alright, if you're still willing to fight then let's do this. Win or lose." She said to her Charizard as she the keystone in her necklace began glowing. "Robin, Mega Evolve and attack with Solar Beam to the Poliwrath!" Charizard mege evolved into his Mega Y form, changing the rain back to sun.



         "Poliwrath, Waterfall. Politoed Scald! Let's wrap this up." Devin instructed his two water types.



         Mega Charizard winced as the Poliwrath hit him dead-on in the gut. The Mega Pokemon was sent flying into a wall causing part of the wall to crumble and dust to go everywhere. "Robin!" Vergil yelled as she rushed to the Fire/Flying Pokemon's side. "Robin?" Mega Charizard forced himself to stand once more. His legs trembled as tried to stay standing. He regressed back to Charizard and began to collapse. Vergil reached out and caught the Fire/Flying Pokemon and eased him to the ground. "You tried your best, Robin. Thank you."



         Devin called back both his Pokemon and walked over the female Ace Trainer. "Great battle, Vergil." He said as he held out a hand to shake.



         Vergil gave a faint smile. "Yeah, you two." She replied as she shook hands with the Pokemon Maniac. "Wonder how long it'll take for the stadium to get fixed this time." She chuckled.



         Devin laughed, remembering their previous battles that constantly left the stadium damaged. "Hopefully not as long this time. See ya around." He replie as he left the stadium.



         "We'll get stronger and we'll battle again." Vergil thought as she headed out the other stadium door.
© Copyright 2015 VergilZard (vergilzard at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2040561-Pokemon-BV---Vergil-Vs-Devin