*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2040631-Pokemon-BV--Bridging-The-Gap
Rated: E · Other · Fanfiction · #2040631
No battles in this chapter, but a lot of Trainer interactions.
         "Hey Vergil, great battle out there!" Devin exclaimed as he greeted the Pokemon Ranger outside the stadium.



         "Thanks Devin." Vergil responded as the shiny Pikachu jumped from Devin's shoulder to her's. "And thank you for keeping an eye on Blackavar."



         "Good to see you're still battling." Azmo greeted as he walked up.



         "Hey Azmo, of course I'm still battling. If you thought losing to you guys would get me down, you thought wrong." the Pokemon Ranger replied with a grin.



         On the other side of the lounge, Tempest walked over to the Ace Trainer who awaited her. "Don't say it. I know I got reckless." She muttered as she looked away from the Ace Trainer.



         "I wasn't going to say that." Vergil replied with faint hint of sincerity. "It appears our old friend has found us. My Dragons and I could crush her and her team, easy enough."



         "Some honor." Tempest said sarcastically.



         "I beg your pardon?" Vergil questioned as he slicked back his silver hair.



         "What's the point of battling if you know you're going to win?" the Pokemon Ranger replied.



         "I wasn't planning on battling her. But the rules state if two trainers lock eyes, they must battle." he replied as he watched the other group approach.



         "Been a long time Vergil." the Pokemon Ranger Vergil said as she looked at the Ace Trainer.



         "Wait, you know him?" Devin and Azmo asked in confusion.



         "We have some history." Ace Trainer Vergil replied. "Don't even think of challenging me. You're not in my skill level. And your team is haphazard at best."



         "Then when will you accept my challenge?" the red garbed Pokemon Ranger asked.



         "When I know you can actually hold your own without a trick play. Fact is, you rely on trick plays too often and that is your downfall." the Ace Trainer replied.



         "Switching Pokemon isn't a trick play." Devin noted. "It's using stradegy and type match up."



         "Or in some cases, type mismatch." Azmo added.



         "Get one hundred wins with a single team, then we'll battle." Ace Trainer Vergil said to the Pokemon Ranger. "Until then, know you're still only number two." He smirked as he walked off.



         "Hey wait up!" Tempest called as she ran to catch up with the Ace Trainer. "So it was you. I knew I recognized that battle style, a few alterations but still the same strength." She thought as she glanced at the red Pokemon Ranger.



         Devin and Azmo looked at Vergil both wanting to ask the same question. "Ace Trainer Vergil and I go way back. We've known one another since the early days, five years old, early days. That's all you guys need to know." She said before they could ask. She quickly moved her black hair out of her face and began walking elsewhere.



         "Ok... So why's he so... distant?" Devin aske as he and Azmo followed the Pokemon Ranger.



         "It was something that happened a few years back. Tempest, Vergil and I were in our junior year of high school. He got lucky and caught three shiny Pokemon and decided to share them with us as gifts. Tempest received a shiny Haunter, named Spectro. I received a shiny Pichu," she paused.



         "Blackavar." Azmo commented as he looked at the shiny Pikachu on Vergil's shoulder.



         She nodded. "The third, which he kept for himself was a Dratini named Eva. I don't know what happened exactly but one day Vergil and Tempest were out battling some trainers leveling up their Pokemon. Something, I don't know what, but something terrible happened to Eva. Vergil was never the same afterwards. He did some horrible things and had to change his name to Vergil in order to stay low profile."



         "I'm going to guess Vergil isn't your actual name either." Devin replied as he listened to his friend talk.



         "You'd be correct. I caught wind of Vergil the Dragon Master and knew he was an old friend. I never got the chance battle him after what what happened so in order to draw him out and get his attention, I began battling under the same name. Vergil." Vergil explained as she took a seat in the far side of the lounge at over looked the Battle Video Database.



         "Well, Vergil, what'll you do now?" Azmo asked as he and Devin each took a seat at the table where Vergil was sitting.



         "I need to get one hundred wins with the same team if I'm going to get the battle I've been seeking." She replied with a smirk. "Looks like I'll be hanging around here and battle as often as I can."



         "Will we see you at the Gym Rally?" Devin asked as he looked across the table.



         "Yeah, though most trainers at the Gym Rally already have their Blaze badges." She replied. "I'm not much for a fire trainer even though my favorite Pokemon is a fire type."



         There was an announcement over the intercom at the Stadium causing all three trainers to stand. "Looks like those battles you need are going to have to wait." Azmo noted as the three trainers raced off down one of the corridors.

         
© Copyright 2015 VergilZard (vergilzard at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2040631-Pokemon-BV--Bridging-The-Gap