*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2043009-Minds-Eye
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest Entry · #2043009
It's all in our heads, right?
Alice kept her grip on the handle. She was forcing the door shut, still watching it take form in the corridor. And Mrs. Cully started making her way up the stairs.

"Alice, sweetie" she called , "I'm very worried about you." Cully opened her purse. "Please darling, you're not well". Was she?

It had been eight hours since she took her meds. Only a minute and a half remained before the effects would wear. Only a minute and a half before she would know and Mrs. Cully would see too. Still no time at all. It was forming legs and arms, fangs and claws. And Mrs. Cully was halfway up.

"This is very unbecoming" Cully huffed, "no matter how many times you break out you're little friends are not real sweetheart..." Cully drew her tranq-gun from her purse, "But it's alright I will always be here to take you home"

Half a minute left. Maybe Cully was right Alice thought. It felt like she was the only one who saw these things. Maybe they're not in her head after al....NO! Alice saw these things. She saw, she knew what they could do to others. Here the world will know, Cully will know.

And on time, Mrs. Cully reached the top of the stairs. She stood with her tranq-gun out and even worse a loving look that was far from loving.

"Alice..." she started, but she shifted her gaze from her to the door. Her face grew blank, her body still.

Alice smirked, time was up.

"Don't worry" said Alice, "You're imagining things". She released her grip and the door opened.
© Copyright 2015 W. W. Weaver (indigolord21 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2043009-Minds-Eye