*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2043256-Tetrafied
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest Entry · #2043256
My entry for Daily Flash Fiction Challenge - 28/05
Tetrafied

Alice knew as soon as he entered the bar, she would be leaving with him that night. He was beautiful, with olive skin and inky black hair. His indigo eyes locked on Alice’s and he took the seat next to her. “Hi, I’m Jack. Let me buy you a drink,” he said, immediately summoning the bartender’s attention.

After just two Martinis, Alice found herself linking arms with Jack and leaving the bar. As they climbed into a taxi, Alice’s stomach somersaulted, contemplating what she was about to do. She had never picked up a guy in a bar before. That was an occupation of the beautiful and confident, not Alice. She was too plain, with no attractive features. At least, that was what her mother told her.

Taking a deep, cleansing breath, Alice followed Jack along the rocky stone path to his front door. His house was huge, imposing from the outside. The garden looked surprisingly well kept. The front door was made of panelled wood and creaked as it welcomed them inside. In contrast to the aged exterior, the heart of the house was light and contemporary. Before Alice had even noticed Jack was missing, he returned, hands carrying more Martinis.

As they settled on the cream coloured sofa, they began to explore each other. Their mouths locked and their bodies entwined. The electricity was sharp and Alice could feel herself start to let go. Then she saw it. Oh no. She felt sick. “Fish!” she yelled, “I hate fish. Oh my God, they’re staring at me!”

Surprised, but wanting to reassure her, Jack said, “It’s ok, they’re not looking at you. They’re Mexican Tetra fish, they have no eyes.” But it was too late, he could already feel the breeze from the front door Alice had exited.


299 words
© Copyright 2015 Choconut ~ House Targaryen (purplesunday at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2043256-Tetrafied