*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2043328-Unexpected-Enemies-and-a-Golden-Treasure
by Ben M
Rated: E · Fiction · Action/Adventure · #2043328
Michael has found a treasure and is on the run, but he runs into some unexpected enemies.
Michael sprinted through the forest, not noticing the branches and shrubbery that tore at his skin. He deftly slid under a low branch, careful not to lose hold on the small bundle in his arms. He snuck a look down, the item gleamed back at him, its golden skin radiating with brilliance. All he had to do was get back to base, evade the beats on his tail, and they would be rich, he and his friends would be filthy rich.
He glanced back, the monsters were gaining on him, their yellow eyes reflecting what little light there was on that dark night. Their blades flashing menacingly. He would have to take a shortcut. Michael turned off the path, catching the monsters by surprise, he was-
Air, blank space, Michael was falling, he hung suspended in the air for seconds before slamming down on a soft bed of leaves. Above him loomed three figures, all buff, tall, and angry. He had fallen into small room, devoid of furniture except for a table littered with knicknacks and a shelf with weapons and ale. An open trapdoor with a ladder leading down was in the middle of the ceiling.
"Look'e what we got 'ere" The one on the right started up, he stank like a wild animal. "Wonder what a boy like 'em doin' wonderin' in the woods."
Michael hugged the treasure close to him, hoping they wouldn't notice him and he could make his escape, although where or how he did not know.
"Mmmm, look'ee what he holdin',"the middle one began, then he reached down and tried to take the object out of Michael's hands, not expecting any resistance. Michael slapped his hand back and jumped to his feet, preparing to put up a fight. The three men apparently had the same idea, they neared him, raising their fists.
Michael had never actually been in a fight, he swung his fists around wildly, hoping to land a blow. His fist was plucked out of the air and put in a firm grasp, the man holding his fist used his momentum against him and slammed him to the hard ground. This was followed by brutal laughter. "What a weakling" The middle one bent over,"I'll take that." He plucked the golden treasure right out of Michael's hands. More laughter, then a splitting pain through Michael's body. Then darkness.
© Copyright 2015 Ben M (milk_mustache at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2043328-Unexpected-Enemies-and-a-Golden-Treasure