*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2043345-Music-can-change-the-world
Rated: E · Essay · Experience · #2043345
reunited with happiness.

Many people have different forms of enjoyment, mine just so happens to be music. A lot people have an interest in music, but I feel that my views are sort of different. I'm going to share my unique story on how I became completely obsessed with music.
A few years ago, I was like any normal teenager, dealing with high school and worrying about things that any sixteen year old girl would worry about. I was always kind of a natural at being happy, and never would have thought I would have problems that couldn't easily be fixed. Until one day, my world fell apart. I hate that I felt like nothing would ever be fixed from that day on, that nothing would ever make me happy again. I'm also the kind of person that can easily hide my feelings, but in this case everyone knew what I was dealing with, and could feel my pain. A year went past. I could feel happiness, but it was only temporary. In April 2013 is when everything finally came together. My sister and brother took me to a concert. When I first found out that we were going to be attending this concert, I wasn't quite sure of how it was going to go, or if I would even enjoy it at all.
We traveled to Indiana, and when we finally arrived, I still couldn't decide how I felt about it. We were in the very back of the crowd when all of the sudden this tattooed-covered, 6'ft tall, man came on the stage. He was very appealing to the eye. I immediately found myself with so much excitement to see what this man was about to do. Seconds later, he started belting out this song called "invincible". I fell in love with the lyrics, but more importantly the way he performed them. He had so much passion, so much drive, just everything. I felt like he was talking straight to me. Even though I was in the back, I felt like he was trying to reach out to me. It was so beautifully strange to me because I have never felt such an amazing connection to someone I have never met.
A short two hours later, it was over. I was sad because I thought the happiness was going to disappear, but to my surprise, it didn't. From that day on, I found myself addicted to his voice, his words, and his way of healing people. He was incredible. I finally found a way to permanently keep my happiness, and it was through his voice. Every time I feel any discouragement, all I have to do is pick up my headphones and play his voice. Pure happiness. I now, to this day find myself with the same connection to him as the very first time I heard him. The crazy thing is, he probably doesn't even know that he saved my life, but I do and that's all that matters. Colson Baker (a.k.a. Machine Gun Kelly), is not only an incredible artist, but a hero. I wish that everyone will one day find the beauty in something, and in return it helps them find themselves. Music changed my life.
© Copyright 2015 Jenna Toler (jennatoler24 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2043345-Music-can-change-the-world