*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2046318-The-Business-Trip
by Kim
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Contest Entry · #2046318
This doesn't make sense....
         “This doesn't make sense." I muttered to myself.
         My husband, Alex, was supposed to be on a business trip. However, his briefcase and suit were hidden in the back of our closet. I had a sinking suspicion that he had been unfaithful, the late night phone calls and spur of the moment trips, but I had no real proof.
         We had been married for going on 25 years. We had a good relationship or so I thought. We lived a comfortable life, my husband worked hard and had been successful. Because of his hard work, it had afforded me a certain lifestyle that our kids and I had become accustomed too. I wasn't really sure I was willing to give that lifestyle up but I knew I wasn't going to let him get away with this. I was sitting on the floor of our large closet thinking about what to do next.
         I finally got up and went into our shared bathroom. I fixed my make up and smoothed out my skirt. I knew Alex was due home in a few hours, I had decided what I wanted to do. I was going to make him a welcome home meal he would never forget.
         When Alex, walked in an hour later, I had the formal table set with a spread to rival Martha Stewart. Alex gave me a hug and a kiss, setting down a different briefcase on the counter and wearing a new suit.
         The effects of my ‘special’ meal didn’t take long to hit Alex. He made it up to our bedroom before he collapsed, for that I was grateful.
         For his funeral, I made sure to bury him in his new suit.


284 words.
© Copyright 2015 Kim (kimsn14 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2046318-The-Business-Trip