*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2047747-Living-for-God
Rated: E · Editorial · Spiritual · #2047747
Being a Christian means different things to different people. Here's my take on ME!
Tried to avoid writing anything again this morning, but the spirit will not allow me to do that. I am being chased by the question, "If you knew that after living the life you have lived, your chances of getting into God's kingdom was nil to none, WOULD YOU still live the life that you are living?"

I have been playing around with that question since about 5:00 am today. My first answer was NO, I would try to find out what I needed to change to change my outcome.

My spirit then responded: Then you are not sure that you are living the life that God would have you live. Is that possible?

Again, I responded that I was striving daily to live the life that God would have me live and that I am constantly making adjustments as I strive to perfect my life and my relationship with God.

That response led to the next question in my spirit. Then you would or would you continue living the life that you are living if you knew that it would not get you into God's kingdom?

Baffled! Totally baffled. I don't want to live my life on this earth in vain. However, several years ago, I made a very clear decision, and I remembered that decision as I sat baffled over this question.

Here is my answer. I would rather live my life as if there was a God, and eventually die and find out that there was no God than to live my life as if there was no God, die and find out that there was!

Yes, I would continue living the life that I am living. I would continue to strive to do good, to be a good person, to ask God to guide my life, to treat my neighbors, friends, and enemies right. I would still pray for forgiveness of my sins, the health, wealth, and wellness of others. I would still find time to listen to those in trouble, and offer comfort. I would still seek to serve just as Jesus served others during His tenure on Earth. I would hope that as I continue to age, I would make fewer mistakes, be a lot more understanding, and more faithful to my beliefs.

Yes, I would continue to live the life that God has given me, and I would live it more abundantly because He has given it to me.

A few days ago, I went to bed in terror. I woke up in terror. My terror came from the thought that I might go blind.

On Monday morning, I woke up to one of the tele-evangelist speaking on the subject of fear. His words were, "There are seven (7) people under the sound of my voice who are living in fear - fear of blindness, and something else he said, but I STOPPED listening after the words "fear of blindness."

Yes, I know that the possibility of his message being "specifically" for me was one in however many other people that heard the same message, but his words reminded me of God's words to me when I started this journey almost three years ago, and my response. God's words: I will be with you always. I have been with you from conception to present, and I will be with you on your dying bed. You have nothing to fear. My response was very simple. Lord, where you lead me, I will follow. No, I did not say that I would follow you only if you retain my sight. I simply said I will follow.

The question for me that morning was "What had changed?" Why was I so fearful? God had not left me. My sight was and is still holding on. So, what was the root of the fear? The last visit to the doctor's office for the shot in my right eye! I was so scared, I asked for something to calm my nerves. Of course, the doctor understood, and promised to look into it with the anesthesiologist and get back to me on my next visit. He also stated that you will need someone to drive you here and take you back home.

KEY TO MY FEAR: The possibility of losing my ability to take me to and from my home for a doctor's appointment. That grew into the fear of my losing my ability (independence) to drive. It festered. It grew. It almost overwhelmed me. Thank God my television was on that station at that moment in time. THE WORDS that God is not a God of Fear resonated in my mind all day long. I regained my center and my trust in the Lord. My great fear subsided, and I have been able to move forward. The few people I confided in about my fear quickly volunteered to drive me back and forth and to put in place someone that would pick me up and take me to my appointments. However, that was not what was supposed to come out of that great fear.

The life lesson was "WHERE IS MY FAITH?"

Where is your faith today? Surely, we all need to be reminded that God is real and that we either truly believe, or we do not believe. There are no two ways about it in this walk with God. Either we are with Him and believe in His word or we are against Him and His word!

Isaiah 55:11King James Version (KJV)

11 So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

Me? I am standing on HIS PROMISE!

Peace and blessings to you always.
© Copyright 2015 G. B. Williams (mgmiles01 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2047747-Living-for-God