*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2047775-Her-II
Rated: E · Short Story · Romance/Love · #2047775
Beauty cannot be defined by society.
Beauty is defined as, a combination of qualities such as color, shape, or form that pleases the aesthetic senses, especially the sight. According to society's model, beauty is perfect hair, a face full of makeup, tight clothes that show off a skinny body, and thigh gaps. But the reality is people can find thighs without gaps beautiful, beauty is not defined by our society's model.

In this case people might be confused as to why I love her so much, since she doesn't fit society's model. Well the truth is that is the exact reason why I do, she is different than anyone else. She doesn't care what people think of her, and does not need to fit society's model. She is beautiful to me, and no one else needs to understand. These are my feelings, my heart, not society's. Beauty is also not just about appearances, a person's personality can be beautiful. Hers is, you would agree if you have met her. To me every part of her is beautiful, but I focus more on her personality. In schools teachers always tell you that you need to work as hard as you can to get good grades and to achieve. She is such a hard worker, but at the same time what I like to call, lazy bones. She priorities what she works hard on.

With school, if it is busy work she most likely will not complete it until the hour before class. But if it is a cool project or her favorite subject, she will go above and beyond what she has to do. With music, you wouldn't believe what she is capable of. She plays at least four instruments, and very well too. The amazing part of it, is not her skills, although they are pretty awesome! It is that when she plays, she creates a story in her head to really get the emotion out of the instrument.She puts her heart and soul into everything she plays, which is why I believe she is an amazing musician. Not because of her awesome skills, but because of the emotion she can create. And it shows, you can hear the determination to be great, the skills, and all the emotions she has created. I have tried to make a story in my head while playing also, and it went like this...

What did she say? I think she said i could start. Oh my goodness I am all sweaty, my hands all clammy. I don't know how I am going to be able to play. But I have to figure out how to because i need this to go well, I cannot mess up my solo I have been working on for months in front of her. I need her to be impressed, to see that beautiful smile of hers, that lights up her face like fireworks in the night sky. She needs to be so happy that she can't contain herself, she will jump up and down, and go crazy like a dog begging for treats. Oh goodness her smile will be so big and bright, I won't be able to look away, and... Maddy! Focus. This is about the music, we are not thinking about her, only on the music.

Okay I need a story, something to consume my mind, where the music will pour out of me. The beautiful Bach melodies spilling out of my viola. Let's see, I could think about her, and running away with her to somewhere in Europe, we would be so in love, and so at peace. I can see her smile now, her beautiful, bright, eccentric... Maddy!! Stop it, you are not thinking about her. actually... it is quite obvious I will not be able to stop thinking about her, so maybe I can use that to my advantage. This suite was played for dancing, so maybe I can think about her and I dancing together. Yes! Like in Europe where it is only us, and the music! I can picture her, she is just gracefully dancing along to the music, pulling me through it. The rich harmonies pulsing through me, I think I am getting the hang of this, I let her lead me through the whole dance. She is humming along, while I am just staring, becoming lost. Wow how does she not have a girlfriend? People these days just don't understand true beauty.

We continue dancing for the whole song, I am staring and staring. She is humming along, smiling at me, free at heart. It is strange, my mind is with her dancing, but I can feel myself moving the bow and my fingers. Creating the rich harmonies that give a platform for the dancing. I enjoy this very much. The song ends, I drift away from her in Europe, and suddenly I am back. I blink, and focus my eyes, and there she is. The same as in my dreams. I am waiting, nervously. Did she like it? Did I make a fool of myself? Will I receive her gracious smile? I finally look at her, and again I am lost, consumed by her beauty.
© Copyright 2015 Hopeless Devotion (maddysoanes at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2047775-Her-II