*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2048093-The-tight-rope
by Tim
Rated: E · Monologue · Adult · #2048093
Just a little metaphor for ya.
Sometimes when you're up here you feel safe from the chaos below, it becomes a gentle hum and all that matters is the thin wire fifty feet in the air, it's a comfort set aside for a select few. Life and death become irrelevant, the only thing that matters is the journey and the pressing question; Will I make it? This journey is one reserved for those that have lived to please, not entertain, not profit, but merely serve. You see I have been walking the tight rope for years now, even though the audience has gone, even though the tent is in shambles I still walk. It's the rush knowing that one small step can outright end your existence. Some may call me a fool saying there is no profit in such a thing but I say this: The road that is ventured hardest is that which will profit you most. You may not become rich or famous, but you will have put a smile on at least one face, your own.
© Copyright 2015 Tim (gritcase at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2048093-The-tight-rope