*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2050036-Alfie--The-Cake
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest Entry · #2050036
Contest Entry for Daily Flash Fiction 7/22
Alfie & The Cake


Uh-oh, she’s home. Ollie, she’s home! She’s gonna be mad at us.

I can’t believe he doesn’t care. Just because he’s a cat, he thinks he can get away with everything. I always get the blame. Ohhh no, her key’s turning in the door. “Quick, hide.”

“Alfie, Ollie, I’m home. Have you been good?”

That sounds like her happy voice. I might be okay. I hope so, I’m getting too big to hide under her bed. I’ll go greet her, she might have treats. Rachel, Rach, Rach, welcome home. I love you, have I got treats? I love you. Shall we go for a walk? Do you want kisses?

Oh no, she’s in the kitchen. This isn’t good. She’s turning around, I can tell there’s no treats. If I’m fast, I can crawl back under the bed.

“Alfie. Come here!”

I’m just pretending I’m deaf, la-la-la. I can’t hear a thing.

“Alfie! Come here. Now.”

Oh, man. I can’t ignore her, she’s gonna find me. I suppose I should face her. If I wag my tail and sit and lick her legs, she might love me again.

“Don’t look at me like that, Alfie. Look what you’ve done. That cake was for Rita’s birthday tomorrow. You're a bad boy!”

No, no. You don’t understand. It was on the floor when me and Ollie walked in. We don’t know who did it. Lick, lick, wag, wag, cute face.

Rachel is really upset with me. I didn’t mean to eat it. If I’m honest, it wasn’t even that good; baking is not Rachel’s strong point. I am whining now, I can’t help myself. I feel so guilty. I’m a bad boy.

Oh, she’s finished clearing up now. Can we go for a walk? Can we? Can we?

298 words
© Copyright 2015 Choconut ~ House Targaryen (purplesunday at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2050036-Alfie--The-Cake