*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2051286-A-caf-called-Caf
by Tasfia
Rated: E · Short Story · Drama · #2051286
An awkward morning in a cafe called “Café”.
A café called “Café”

I ran into “HIM” today.
It was a good day to run into exes, since I was in good shape now.
I look like those conspicuous girls you just have to notice. I had got my hair done and I was kind of working out for weeks.
Okay kind of working out requires a definition.
I talk on the phone at night after dinner. Hey hear me out first. I ain't kidding. So I have this habit of walking and talking. Can’t imagine otherwise. It’s annoying I know. I will fix it. I swear I will.
So that’s the secret to my good shape.
So where was i?
Yeah I ran into “HIM”. After 2 years 5 months and 7 days.
I am kidding now of course. I might have gone to an institution for some time but I ain't that crazy to keep count. I just am a little to the whimsical side. Like Phoebe from Friends. It’s harmless really. Does all this explaining help or am I just coming out as a crazy obsessive person? Can you tell?
So I was getting my morning coffee from this café I recently discovered.
It’s called “café”. I think it’s brilliant. No copyright problem. Like that cat in Breakfast at Tiffany’s. Did I mention I love Audrey Hepburn? I sometimes dress like her. I like being other people than being myself.
So I was getting my usual, Caramel butterscotch Coffee with whipped cream.
Spoiler alert: I spill it on him.

He was with a girl.
Erika.
With a k.
And a b and an I and a t and a c and an h.

Ha-ha.
I remember he said “Please!!!! Erika? Anyone but her babe”.
HAHA.
He dint mean to be funny. But it kind of is no?
People are funniest when they don’t want to be.
Ow also I literally ran into him.
I am one those people who says “literally” and “seriously” a lot.
Its irritating I know. It’s as annoying as a pimple that hurts. I will fix it. I swear i will.
So I was at the counter, getting my coffee. I turned sharply, I always do. He was right behind me about to tap me on my shoulder. And I spill the coffee on him.
It’s sad because he was wearing the baby blue polo t shirt I got him. He still had it. What did that mean btw? Can you tell?
A split second of sadness gripped me there. I remember I used to put it in a separate wash. He looked so darn beautiful in it. He was always so darn beautiful.
So I spilled coffee on “HIM”.
I said sorry.
He said he saw me from outside and stood in line to talk to me.
I look good he said.
I said you look good as usual.
He smiled.
He introduced her to me. I said I know her remember?
Followed by a big awkward pause.
I save the world by saying I was in a rush. We did all the Tata bye byes.
So I ran into “HIM” today. My friends had this nickname for him, “HIM”. He was also “The guy” for some time. He was the hottest guy on campus I swear. I am not kidding. He literally was “the guy”.
And I know you can tell.
I was just another girl. I mean apparently. Not really.
And we dated. He asked me out.
I was insecure as hell, obviously.
I thought he liked every other girl he mentioned, or passed us in the street, or even celebrities he mentioned. I thought he had a shot with everyone. Even Diana Kruger, or Helen of Troy herself if she existed.
Then one day he started mentioning this Erika from work.
Ow boy.
I remember waking up from nightmares that only starred her name in a blank screen. Boy o boy can a name be so haunting you ask? More than anything I say.
I knew he was loyal. But the paranoia! It was so real. So very real. I am not kidding.
I had a break down. My shrink always said I burst out because I kid so much usually. She said I use humor to avoid being hurt. I ask her “Like Chandler you mean?” she says “Chandler who?” I dint go back to her since.
So I broke up. Left him high and dry. Haha. High and dry sounds funny right? Or is it just me?
Can you tell?
He cried and begged me to come back. He did. He seriously did.
Boy I knew I was right about her. Only I wasn’t right until i was right.
So I am a matchmaker.
A cupid if you may.
Her ring was huge by the way.
I wish they name their first born after me.
© Copyright 2015 Tasfia (tasfiakabir at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2051286-A-caf-called-Caf