*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2051992-Until-later
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Contest Entry · #2051992
A story told in dialogue between a Girl and her unborn child.
It's not time, you know that right?

I really do want to be a mom.

You will be. When the time is right.

I can't be pregnant. I just can't!

Then who are you talking to?

Maybe I am crazy! There is just no way. This is the second test.

Maybe you should have a third test? I know you told him no. I can see the whole thing time and time again, through your thoughts. I am a part of you. You-know. And I -will be back when the time is right. You did not cause it!

But I will be a horrible person if I do this. I always wanted to be a mom, always, just not so young. I don't want to live on welfare.

If you have me, what will you do? I mean a 10th grade education? We would be on welfare. ..... I know you would love me, but, we both know this is wrong. It isn't the right time. You aren't ready to be a mom, yet.

What do you think my future kids will think of me?

Oh you know what, I think? I think that if you don't take care of yourself now and stop worrying about what everyone else will think.... You will end up poor and unhappy with a bunch of children, on welfare with no education, all because you were pretty and you caved to What Everyone Else Wanted!

I told him NO! .... I don't hate that you were created!

Of course you don't, hate me. You will be an excellent mom. Some-Day...I will even return when that some--day happens. For now though we should part. Remember its not good bye, its only, Until later. So call and setup the appointment. I love you future mom.



© Copyright 2015 rjsimonson (rjsimonson at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2051992-Until-later