*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2052537-Splintered-Boyfriend
Rated: E · Poetry · Romance/Love · #2052537
This was written towards the middle of my relationship. I love any type of feed back!
Olivia Phillips
July 29th,
Copy Right © 2015
Splintered Boyfriend

Splintered Boyfriend


I am sorry for what I did to you.
I led you to believe that my bones were flowers grown with tenderness and sunshine. I let you think that I was a caged bird that demand to be set free by only your titanium laced hands.
In reality I am more like a bird that's been shot down.
Your eyes undeniable embody my haven, yet at the same time my hell lays lucid there. You're mouth easily opens to spill out the generic phrase "I love you." as if I hadn't heard that phrases 666 times. But with you, it's different.
When you say "I love you" I feel sunshine rattling my rib cage. I want to say it back.
I abstain. I know that if I say it I'll abruptly obtain the roll as puppet master and then you're forced to be the wooden puppet. I am afraid that I'll break you and you'll become my splintered boyfriend.
I don't want to ever hurt you.
I want to be the person who takes all the pain from needles and give you the medicine.
I want to be your chocolate cake on a silver platter.
You've forced my heart out of my chest onto a charcoal grill and I let you devour the entire thing. You are my puppet master and I am your little wooden girl. Please don't turn me into a splintered girlfriend.
I am so sorry for everything that I did to you but I am not sorry for what you did to me.
© Copyright 2015 Livy203 (indigo10 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2052537-Splintered-Boyfriend