*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2053716-Amnesia
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Action/Adventure · #2053716
Amnesia. A game, a condition, a plague. But also, a fear. A horror..... A blight.
Having amnesia is like having the answer to something on the tip of your tongue, but you just can't remember it. Except your whole life is on the tip of your tongue.

Looking around, I see nothing. I am in a dimly lit room, with one other man. We stare at each other. Finally, I decide to break the ice.
"Who are you?"
The other replies, "I don't remember."

Suddenly, a screen appears on the wall with a man's face on it. The man begins to speak.
"You do not remember anything, do you? Very well, you will soon find out. And when you do... Well, I'll leave that up to you. Good day, and good bye."

The screen disappears. I get up, and feel the wall. Steel. The people that imprisoned us must have really wanted to keep us here. To my right, there is a small chute. A piece of bread falls out of it. I walk over to the chute, and throw the piece of bread to my fellow prisoner.

I am about to sit down, when the man yelled. At the same time, pain shot through my stomach, my vision getting red and swimy. I dropped to my knees, and my vision turned black.

I open my eyes, and see myself wearing a lab coat. Only instead of being in my body, I am in a third person view. Lab coat me walks over to my fellow prisoner, who is also wearing a lab coat. They both are talking animatedly, pointing at a table that comes into view. There is a man strapped to it, clearly unconscious. Lab coat me pushes a table over, which is littered with scalpels, scissors, and other medical instruments. We bend over the man, and start to slit his stomach open.

But at that moment, my stomach is filled with pain again and before I know it, I am back in the steel prison. I look over at my fellow inmate. He meets my eyes, and nods. I nod back.

We both saw the same thing. What were we doing to that man? Was he dead?

I looked over at the chute. There was a small pile of bread, and a couple water bottles. My stomach growled. The man walked over, and sat next to me. We ate in silence.

After we finished eating, he looked at me and said, "Rick. My name is Rick."
Without thinking I said, "Jason."

My stomach filled with pain, and I was back in the past. I opened my eyes, and saw the man on the table. His skin was bleached white, and he had no eyes or eye sockets. He looked like he was screaming, and desperately trying to break the bonds that held him to the table.

My eyes flew open. What had we done? I remembered what IT looked like, and quickly ran into a corner to be sick.

A voice broke the silence. "Yes, you remember now. You deserve to be punished. And I think the best way to do that, is for you to meet your abomination."

Rick looked at me. My heart beat faster as I wondered what this creature would do. As if on cue, a door opened into the steel prison, and the creature leapt through. It spoke, "WHY? Why did you do this to me? WHY?"

It began to foam at the mouth and rushed me. Its bony hands wrapped around my neck, which were inhumanly strong, and began to choke me. I tried to push it off, but it was too strong. My vision faded, and my last thought was of Rick pulling the creature off of me.

Remember the past. Do not forget. For those who forget it, are bound to repeat it.

The past holds dark secrets as well as good ones. Let my life, my story, be a warning to all.
© Copyright 2015 Furied - Still Burning Hot! - (furied at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2053716-Amnesia