*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2054626-Helpful-feedback
Rated: E · Other · Writing.Com · #2054626
A list of some of the great feedback of things I didn't even realize I did
"... fiction writing or non-fiction writing. First off, I'd suggest not using all
capital letters when writing. When you want to emphasise your writing, you are better off using italics or changing up your language so that the words themselves are more emphatic. It's one of those things where it just looks neater and more professional. Secondly, you are using a hyphen in place of an em dash. An em dash is one of these: —. It probably seems like a trivial difference but they really are different things.
You should be able to use it in most word processors as well as just copy and paste it from..."


( after reading this, I really, really agree and would like tips on how to do this more easily from an iPad.


Also I have gotten great pointers on spacing, and this does not come through when I copy and paste from a word processor, so I know I have to do it here now. Thanks!

"Where were you going with this?"

Well I don't know. Apparently, rambling, which is something I do quite often.

"...one of the first reviews I received gave me the advice to stay glued to a thesaurus. And I have, I found that the less a word is used in everyday conversation, the more interesting it sounds and your readers will enjoy the writing more. thank you for sharing and never stop writing.
The funny thing is when I get these remarks, I go back and re-read everything, and the same flaws are in everything I have written."

Really great advice!


It's all just prewriting stuff for now, but knowing these things will definitely help me out when I venture into something more important. It's fantastic to have so much guidance and I do secretly appreciate it!

© Copyright 2015 Lexi Conne (chloe2t at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2054626-Helpful-feedback