*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2054834-Me-And-My-Daughter---To-Be
Rated: E · Short Story · Contest Entry · #2054834
An unusual conversation with my daughter - to be.
Word Count, Including this, is 473


Me And My Daughter - To Be



          "How can you hear what I am thinking?"

          "It's because of who we are."

          "Who are we?"

          "We are Corrans."

          "What is a Corrans?"

          "That's a little hard to explain. The planet we live on is called Corran."

          "I get it. We live on Corran. So that makes us Corrans."

          "At least you will be a Corran when you are born."

          "How long will it be before I am born?"

          "I am almost half way through my Birth Cycle. That means I have about seven more months before you will be born."

          "It takes that long? I knew it took a long time to be born. But I didn't think it would be that long."

          "You are very smart for someone who hasn't even been born yet."

          "Isn't that because we are Corrans?"

          "No it isn't. But I do think I know what the reason is."

          "You do?"

          "It's because of who your father is."

          "I get it. Is it because he is a male. No it can't be that because I am not a male."

          "It isn't because he's a male. It's because he's very smart like you are going to be. At least I think he is."

          "What do you mean by that?"

          "I don't know if I should tell you. If I do it will have to be a secret between us."

          "Don't worry. Who am I going to tell from in here?"

          "That's not why I'm not sure if should tell you. It's because it's also hard to explain."

          "Is it because he isn't a Corran like us?"

          "How can you know that?"

          "I don't know. But I am right aren't I?"

          "That's one of the reasons it's hard to explain. But it's not the real reason."

          "What is the real reason? You can tell me. And I promise not to tell anyone what it is either."

          "The truth is I don't know who your father is. I think I know who it is. But it could be one of about twenty five. And it could be a little bit more than that."

          "I don't understand. What do you mean by that?"

          "What I mean is that I am very young. In fact this is my first Birth Cycle."

          "How young are you?"

          "Too young to be going to a Group Encounter alone. Especially since it was almost my first time."

          "What does that mean?"

          "It means you father could be one of about twenty five or so guys."

          "Is that why you didn't want to tell me who my father is?"

          "No it isn't. It's because you are too young to be hearing things like this."

          "You don't have to worry about that. I don't understand most of what you have been talking about anyway."


The End?







© Copyright 2015 PureSciFi (spacefaction at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2054834-Me-And-My-Daughter---To-Be