*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2054925-Today-was-not-that-day-
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by AJ
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Dark · #2054925
A short story on breakup.
She was his life. His purpose. Only thing he wanted in life is to be with her, always, every single day of his life. To live with her. To grow old loving her. To die with her. How much can he love her? Can he leave her because she wishes him to. Can he stop loving her because she wishes him to do so. He assured her, he will forget her before the door shut.

He lied to her after a long long time. He collapsed as if his breath went out. He knew, he will always love her. That she is his life. He smiled and then laughed because she will want him to be like that way.

She had asked him, what can he do for her happiness? And he had responded, I can do any thing. But he never knew that one day he will have to leave her for her happiness. He thought and determined, so be it. He rose on his feet and he felt he can't stand anymore. He pushed himself, rose on his weary feet and smiled.

He knew its a forced smile, the one which she hates in people and asked him to not smile like that. He tried to make it look genuine and tears rolled down his eyes. He was not aware he is crying. He sat down and closed his face to hide those tears but they kept on raining. He thought of her and closed his mouth so that she may not listen him sobbing.

He doesn't know how long it continued but now he felt lighter. He was not feeling any nerves inside him. He thought, maybe he is dead, maybe he is transporting somewhere. He opened his eyes, removed those dry tears and thought, he want her to be happy. Then to make himself believe, he repeated again and again. At last, he uttered, she will be happy whatever it costs. He got up again, this time with more determination, that, smile which he will bring will be the genuine one.

He asked his mind, Do you really love her? Do you want her to be happy? He got a reply from his heart. A reply which he was always certain about but his mind remind him of the betrayal. Why she betrayed his true love?

Heart responded, because she was not happy with you.

Mind: Why? I was always there with her. I did everything possible so that she will be happy. Then why she did this.

Heart: maybe that was not enough. Maybe she has some other purpose in life. Maybe she is meant for something else. Maybe she is meant to be with someone else and you came in between.

Mind: But what about me? What will I do with this pain inside me. How will I live.

Heart: do u feel pain in me? You might but I am happy that she told me about this and not made a choice to be bonded by this love of mine when she felt things for someone else. To love is to be free....free from all attachments. To love is to care asking nothing in return and mind you because u are asking from her, her happiness and she will give that to you. She will be happy.

The word echoed inside him and found its way from his mouth, she will be happy....

He smiled once again, this time with lots of love. Knocked on her door and entered inside the room. She was sobbing another side of the room. He went to her and told her, I love you. He removed her tears and hugged her thinking might be his last time and said, I understand what you are going through. Thanks for letting me know. Be happy and let me know what I can do to make you happy. He had that smile throughout that minute of conversation which felt like eternity. She cried and cried and hugged him tight. He felt like kissing her maybe his last kiss but then he thought she might not be comfortable. He took her cheeks in both hand and said, the guy is lucky and let him know that he should keep you happy, always.

He felt his mind revolting but it was crushed by his heart.

He wished he could cry falling on his knees.....but he had lot of time to do that and today was not that day.
© Copyright 2015 AJ (ajayrathi78 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/2054925-Today-was-not-that-day-